Friday, February 13, 2009

What has two thumbs...

And spent 3 hours in Labor and Delivery last night?

THIS GAL!

Yesterday morning, before posting my blog, I woke up and felt a...gush. Followed by some real wetness on my thigh and blanket. Yum.

I remembered one of my friends saying that her doctor told her to lay down for a little while, and if there was another gush, that it was probably her water. So I did, and it didn't happen again. But things felt...a little...slick? Or, something. For the rest of the day.

This was after I was up all night with really stiff Braxton-Hicks every half hour, followed by 5 minutes of kicky baby retaliation with every BH. It was a fun night, and by morning I was nauseated and my entire abdomen just felt tight and kind of sore.

So I did what any responsible mother-to-be would do: I ignored the entire situation and went to my hilite appointment! Because screw labor! I need beauty!

After my hilite appointment, I decided that I was a bit perplexed by the feeling of sitting in wet underwear all day and decided to call the OB, who decided to send me to Labor and Delivery because it all just sounded a lot like I was leaking amniotic fluid.

As it turns out, my iPhone battery was dead because I surfed the internet during my entire appointment, so I had to stop at Wal-Mart for a phone charger to call Mark and my mom. When I got to the check out line, the electronics guy told me that I was wasting my money on the charger I bought, and gave me one that was half the price. Sweet!

Until I plug it in and get the message: "This accessory is not compatible with your iPhone." Fucker.

So I went to Radio Shack, where they sold me the correct, sufficiently expensive car phone charger, and I was on my way! To embarrass myself! In Labor and Delivery!

***********

So I started this entry this morning, with the intentions of finishing up after my appointment today. But, as it turns out, Sexy Suzy is sending me to Labor and Delivery again because my blood pressure is being a total asshole. After some labs and monitoring, if things don't calm down, we're inducing tonight.

If not, Tuesday for sure. Not because of the beetus, but because of the blood pressure.

40 comments:

Mazzy said...

Holy crap. Why are we so stubborn? I am the exact same way with all the weird things I have going on right now, just kinda have such a chillaxed attitude about everything it's driving my husband nuts.

You're so going to be a mom soon. That is awesome. Keep us posted if you can.

*hugs*

Stephanie said...

New to finding your blog, but have enjoyed reading it! Good luck with your little cupcake!

alicia said...

oh wow! you could be having a baby tonight!!!! ahhhh.

good luck with everything! I will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck good luck good luck! I hope things calm down and you get a few more days of baking, but either way I can't wait to hear about Cupcake's arrival!

Amy said...

Perhaps Cupcake is planning on being a Valentine's baby afterall...

Good luck and let us know how you are when you can!

Emily said...

Tonight!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo-hoooo!!!!! So glad you got the hilites - now you can look beautious in all your "i'm a mommy!" pics! I will be thinking of you and the cupcake!

*~*Lis*~* said...

wowser - almost time!!! hope cupcake and your blood pressure cooperate!!

*~*Lis*~* said...

Oh snap - I hope you don't miss your maternity photos!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Exciting! You'd better update soon or I'll go crazy!

Heather Rodriguez said...

Good luck with your delivery. I wish you the best!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, when you do things..you do em fast huh?

Best of luck! Keep us posted if you can.
Hugs

Eeeeeee! Almost baby time!!

Sarah said...

Oh...and I 'm sorry about the blood pressure. That sucks ass.

Anabelle said...

so I dont get it..did your water actually break?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sure it will all go well. Probably not anything like you have planned but... very good. :)

areyoukiddingme said...

Sounds like the cupcake is getting antsy...she wants, maybe, a Valentine's birthday?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I hope you and baby are just fine and dandy after more testing, and that she gets to stay put a little bit longer.
I'll be thinking of you all!

JP

Steffy said...

Good Luck with everything! I just had to say that I love to read your blog. Sometimes it makes me laugh so hard I cry a little.

Anonymous said...

Eeee! Soooo close!

So what did the liquid end up being? My sister went to L&D several times thinking her water had broke, but turns out she was just peeing on herself. Stupid Kegels...

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You're little girl is almost here! Yeah!

KristenWiley said...

Good Luck Jen! Sorry your blood pressure is being a whore. I'm thinking of you. ;)

momofonefornow said...

Sexy Suzy is hell bent to get that baybee out of there!

Hope all goes well. I can't wait to hear your take on labor and see pictures of your baybee!!!

Minta said...

Yay for Jen, the cupcake is almost here! Congratulations!!!!

O.S.B. said...

Good Luck!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes! Thinking good thoughts, hope the BP starts acting right and everything is easy-peasy!!

Erin said...

OMG! I hope all is well with you and cupcake.

I will be waiting for an update!

Paula Keller said...

Sometimes my iPhone will LIE and say that the accessory doesn't work when it does. On the Bose dock, for instance.

But WOW! OMG! You might be giving birth as I type this!

OR you're sitting in the hospital annoyed.


OR you might be giving birth to cupcake!!!

Bestest wishes!

Shanny said...

Your blood pressure is being a serious biotch to give you issues when you are trying to mind your own business. Geesh!
But OMG so exciting that your cupcake is almost here, GL and Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! I wish you a smooth labor and a happy, healthy baby, whether that's today (!) or Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

So you didn't get the stretch marks, but something else actually came up.

I hope you're faring well, all things considered.

Wishing you all the best for a good labor and delivery.

Anna

Delenn said...

Good luck!! Induction is a bitch--but you can whip that bitch down for your Cupcake!

Can't wait for the update!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Baby day!! Prepare thyself for the hardest six weeks of your entire life!

Dawn0fTime said...

Sorry your blood pressure's being an asshole, but...uh...good luck tonight and/or tomorrow! Um...Happy Valentine's Day?

Cindy said...

Oooh! Exciting! I hope everything is going OK tonight...I'll keep checking in for an update! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you while you're away - best wishes with cupcake's delivery!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for your entire pregnancy and I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

I's so excited for you guys and sending you warm thoughts and best wishes as Cupcake prepares to make her world debut!

Another Julia said...

Good luck! I hope Cupcake bakes a bit longer, but if it's time, it's time!! Good luck -- those first few weeks are exhausting but SO worth it.
Best wishes for a safe and wonderful birth!

Lorrie said...

Oooh, baby's almost (or already is?) here!!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

holy crap! good luck lady!

Tricia said...

OMG really?? THis could be it. Best wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOH!!!
Thinking of you big time!
xo