Thursday, May 21, 2009

My child is a genius.

This morning, I was busy drinking coffee and tricking Olivia into tummy time by playing the Baby Einstein Baby Beethoven video.


It was a typical morning of trying on 50 things that don't fit and finally settling on a loose dress while shaking my fist at the heavens and cursing the deliciousness of mini Nilla wafers.
(Seriously. I must shove them in my face like a squirrel storing nuts.)

Olivia, apparently tired of the same routine, decided to go ahead and ROLL OVER!


Normal tummy time demeanor: I hate you with the fire of a thousand burning suns!!!



(But oh my god, look at those jeans. Look at them!)

Not even Baby Beethoven could keep her on her tummy today. I watched her get all worked up and hoist herself over onto her back, then smile like she conquered the world.

Post roll: I am smarter than you, and also? Wholeheartedly reject the idea of smiling for the camera.

Clearly destined for big things, mah baybee.






18 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, too adorable! and love the post-roll expression

Tabitha said...

She is the cutest little baby! YAY for rolling over!

Dora said...

Even in her anger, she is so delish!

Parsing Nonsense said...

Ha! Smiling is for the weak m'dear. She's clearly working on the cure for cancer, whiling away the time between now and the cure by performing astounding feats of athletic prowess.

Stephanie said...

Too cute! And I DO love those jeans.

Aunt Becky said...

I hope you know I'm nom, nom, noming her.

Heather said...

She is a genius and one determined baby! Too cute the faces!!!

The RRLA Project said...

I absolutely LOVE baby girl jeans. They don't have to be expensive ones...target brand works too. They just look so adorable on baby girls! :-)

Rotten said...

Awesome!!! I too have a discontented baby when it comes to tummy time so I can relate.

Beautiful Mess said...

Way to go Olivia! Nothing like hating being on your tummy to make ya roll over! I love the look on her face in the first picture. She is ONE angry baby!

kate said...

OMG, so cute! And yes, she is indeed a genius obviously. Those facal expressions alone could tell anyone that. :)

Anonymous said...

And one giant NOM to her!

Isn't it sometimes weird to think we created and grew baybeeeees who are capable of doing things like rolling over. And being generally adorable?

And what was life like before them? I can't remember.

Malloryn said...

Gah, the Cuteness! And the post-roll over look! It's almost too much to bear! Clearly she is destined for great things :)

Mrs. Higrens said...

Genius indeed.

Brains and beauty, a deadly combination.

Mazzy said...

I love this post, it's awesome. Go Olivia!

andrea said...

wtg O!

Julia said...

One of many times she'll show you up.

Unknown said...

She is so super cute!
I was wondering if you could post about what daycare has been like for Olivia, and how you have adjusted to going back to work. I have an 8-week old and am having a really hard time picturing dropping him off at some strange place every day. Thanks!