Friday, November 13, 2009

38 Weeks, 6 Days



Mark posted this picture of us on Facebook. After I recovered from the brief horror of my unrecognizable ankles, I felt all nostalgic. It was about three weeks before we had Olivia. We were so excited! We had no idea what we were in for!

I loved being pregnant. I thought pregnant was the beez kneez.
Pregnant thought I was an asshole.

But I didn't care. Cankles, Gestational Diabetes, Preeclampsia, Second degree tear and all - I still loved it. I loved feeling her move all around. I loved watching her teeny little ass move along the top of my belly every night at 7. She was all mine then. Sure, other people could put a hand on my gigantor belleh and feel her, but I was the only one that knew her then.

I always thought I would be one of those people who went two weeks past her due date. I obviously thought very highly of my uterus, and assumed that I was running a Ritz-Carlton type of operation down there. Nobody would think of removing my baybee from my four star uterus! It's like a world class vacation resort in there!

As it turns out, I was running more of a Motel 6 operation. And the general idea was to get her out in one piece without giving her a wicked case of bed bugs or Hep C.

And so at 38 weeks, 5 days, I gave birth to Olivia. And now she is HUGE and about to take over the world.
But she would rather not be fully clothed, thank you very much.


Do not worry. She has not let her power go to her head - she's got a great sense of humor about things.
RUGS! LOLZ!


Today is 38 weeks, 6 days.
Who needs two more weeks of pregnant when we got to have two more weeks of you?
Happy Out Longer Than In Day, Olivia!
Pregnant was great, but it was nothing compared to Parent.
We are so glad you are here.

28 comments:

Milla said...

Congratulations to Olivia on her Out Longer Than In Day! She is looking smashing as usual and I am glad that she is here too. Lovely too see the snap of you and Mark too, you look so happy and shiney and a little glamorous. Thanks for the smiley joyful post.

Dawn0fTime said...

Oh, that's really sweet. :) And I LOVE those socks! Haha!

Aunt Becky said...

Being a parent is WAY better. WAY better.

But I was an ugly gross pregnant lady who looked like the Michelin man.

areyoukiddingme said...

Oh yes - the getting her all to yourself thing was wonderful. But there aren't half as many laughs when she's inside as when she's outside.

Heather said...

Awesome post, Jen.

Anonymous said...

I am literally in tears reading this post. I gave birthday to my son just six days after you had Olivia. I was also 2 weeks early (and so excited, and had no idea what we were in for!!)

It's so true. I loved having N all to myself, knowing him already before he was even here. But nothing compares to this new little person in our lives. Every sound, every smile is just perfection.

Thanks for putting it into words so well!!

KLTTX said...

Great post!

Jill said...

Wow, all that time I was following you through infertility and now your almost ready to deliver your 2nd! WOW!

Congrats!!

Jen said...

Just to be clear:
Am not pregnant.
My vagina just winced at the though of another delivery so soon!

Olivia is 38 weeks 6 days old.

Anonymous said...

Aww, happy day miss Olivia! I'm so glad you're here. :)

Kara said...

TEARS! <3
What an adorable little girl

Stace said...

I absolutely cannot believe how cute she is. LOVE HER!

Stephanie said...

This was a very sweet post. I think I've lost count as to how many weeks Charlotte is on the outside, but definitely a lot fewer than sweet Olivia! I love that picture of her laughing. Funny how most of the time I complained about being pregnant, but now I'm sort of nostalgic about it too.

Chris and Annalisa said...

Oh my, that just made me cry! I'm 39 weeks 2 days today and I can't wait for my little precious one to arrive! That was a beautiful post!

Parsing Nonsense said...

Awwwww! I don't think your uterus was a Motel 6 operation, it was probably a fantastic Ritz Carlton that had the misfortune of getting flooded by a hurricane or something.

Erin said...

Um, I thought you looked pretty stinkin' adorable at 38w6d. And so does Livie Lou!!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Aw, such a sweet baby. Happy out-than-in day! (She gets cake, right? She wants cake.)

Kristen said...

I got a bit nostalgic when I realized Biscuit had been out longer than in, too...now he is big gigantic horse baby and I can't seem to remember him being in, unless I have gas that feels like baby parts or phantom kicks...even after over a year I still get those. Anyway. You very nicely summed up everything I thought too. Only my ute was more like the Hotel California wherein he'd gotten in but he didn't seem to want to leave. Like EVER...somehow it happened.
Geebus I'm rambling. I don't think I've ever commented you before. I've lurked for a looong time but that's about it. Well. Consider yourself commented, I'm gonna do it all the time now.
That is all.

andrea said...

asshole making me cry!
happy longer out than in day O - you rock! :)

Cryss said...

Jeneffer~you made me cry! love you both! happy day O!

Candice said...

She's darling!!

Left an award for you on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Tears! Great post!

Emily said...

bawling!!! loving this post!

Kristen said...

I came over here from Conceive This and just read this post. I'm at 38 weeks 1 day right now and sitting here all teary-eyed. I, too, LOVE being pregnant. I have loved every minute of it (even though the love during the morning sickness was a little deeper and harder to find). I always saw pregnancy as a means to an end. I never expected to love it. Maybe it has to do with the journey to get here. But I'm so relieved to hear that even when pregnant is great, it's nothing compared to parent. That made my day. Thank you.

Nikki said...

What a lovely blog entry! It seriously brought the tear to my eyes..
It's like a love letter to your preshus baybee. Someday, when she's screaming at you that you don't know her at all, and you don't understand her, and just HAND OVER THE DAMN CAR KEYS, ALREADY MOTHER, you can whip this out and show her and say "see? This is when you were mine, all mine, and I was the only one who knew you"

Motherhood looks very good on you, Internet Stranger Whose Bloggings I Can't Get Enough Of.

Paula Keller said...

I think maybe she's one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen. Seriously! Her smile is just heart-melting.

Devon said...

everyone thought i was a big huge weirdo for celebrating Nert's "Longer Out Than In Day"... glad to see a fellow weirdo. :) ;)

She's GORGEOUS> But you don't need me to tell you that.

stephanie said...

OMFG. I am catching up on all your archives and this post made me CRY AT WORK.

So true. My Olivia has a ways to go to get to her Out Longer Than In Day, but the sentiment is the same.

Pregnant was incredible, but nothing at all compared to being her parent. Nothing.

LOVE the blog!!!