Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Ovaries and Uterus are Badass.

I'm back from surgery! Sorry, no Grey's Anatomyish stories to tell. Although I was wondering if there were some interns in a closet getting it on Meredith and McDreamy-style...

Sunday night, I had to drink a 10 ounce bottle of Magnesium Citrate. Not good times for moi. I gagged the entire time and had to really not focus on throwing up because oh my god please don't make me drink any more of THAT! Blech.

I waited and waited and waited for the poo, but nothing happened. So I gave up and went to bed. At about 6 a.m. I woke up and thought "Wow, I feel crappy." Then I realized that I literally felt crappy. And then it happened: The assplosion. Just, wow.

The whole experience was not bad. At all. Never one to disappoint, I had a diva experience while getting my IV and passed out. The nurse was very sweet and used an alcohol swab around my nose instead of smelling salts, and that kept me alert. They had to try twice before finding a good vein, but once it was in I was A-OK.

The surgery was fine - I don't remember anything after I got in the operating room.

I woke up fine, no nausea because I asked for medication for that before the surgery (thanks, Sus). I was just super thirsty because I wasn't allowed to drink anything all day. I went to Eat N' Park and got a turkey sandwich and chicken noodle soup, and it was the best meal of my life! Or maybe I was just starving. Either way...

The rest of Monday night I pretty much just slept. Today I feel OK. My throat hurts from the tube they put in there, and my stomach is pretty sore. My chest feels like Starr Jones (pre gastric bypass) is sitting on it. But I really feel way better than anticipated.

Dr. Fabulous didn't find any endometriosis or anything that needed to be removed. So I basically did it for nothing, but I'm glad I did. It's worth the peace of mind. The only way to check for endometriosis is to have the surgery and I know I would always be worried that I had it.

Soooo that's it. I have to wait to get my period, then call and schedule a baseline ultrasound to make sure that I don't have any cysts. If I don't, then I can start taking clomid and we can do an IUI this month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel very offended that you said starr jones before the surgery unless you are black which i dont think you are that was kind of racist there are alot of fat white people you could of said like rosie o donnel or something .