Friday, April 11, 2008

Can't have babies. Can buy dogs.

All this talk about infertility and baby-lusting, and I forgot! I have babies - two of them!

(One for each year of infertility...what a nice coincidence.)

So, since we're all Innernet BFFs, you should meet my babies, Baxter and Milo. They are Shih Tzus. Baxter is a year and a half old, and Milo is almost a year old.


Milo(left)thinks about which pose will make him look the most dignified. Baxter (right) is quite certain he smells sausages.



Milo: If I let you take my picture, will you promise to get my haircut?
Jen: I make no promises.


Baxter: I just ate a turd. I'm sure it was my own (my favorite kind).


Milo: Noooooo! This angle is unflattering! It makes left eye look lazy!


Milo: Yes, I ate this box. What of it, kind sir?


Baxter: HA! Get a load of these WEEDS! Quick, you gotta get my pic with these!


Jen: Eh! Twins would be a breeze! (Right?)

15 comments:

Io said...

Ahhh!I love them. We must have a playdate with Charlie.

Lost in Space said...

I found you through Wendy's blog. Adorable pooches and love the commentary.

Your anatomy description post had me LMAO - oh so accurate.

Hope everything turns out great with your cycle.

Anonymous said...

OMG! They are SO adorable! We just had this convo at work today about how some people say animals have no facial expressions. And all of us fur-baby owners all spoke up and said, "Nu-uh! My dog/cat/fish has a way of communicating with us just by facial expressions!"

Marie said...

They are very cute. I am looking into getting birth certificates for my two you know, to make it official.

Beverley said...

Um they are just too darn CUTE!!! Send me one... immediately! ;)

Beverley said...

Um they are just too darn CUTE!!! Send me one... immediately! ;)

Alison said...

The one about eating his turd is so funny and the one in front of the weeds... just look at that smile!

Jill said...

Your dogs are so adorable! And P.S. you look good with two. :-)

Katie said...

That top picture cracks me up. It looks like you are raising very regal, snotty dogs. And then you read about the turd eating.

The Red Headed Mama said...

The chewed box is still my favorite...but I do love that last one of you and your babies.
You could totally do twins :)

the Babychaser: said...

Ooooh, cute puppies!!! Are they doing the job they were set out to do, distracting you from your woes and worries?

Malloryn said...

Your dogs are awesome!!! I love them. We have two shih tzus as well -- Frodo and Sam. They are such a friendly, smart (sometimes too smart) and fun breed. I love the shih tzu smile too :)

It is funny to see the differences between individual dogs. I'm sure it's that way with any breed, but these little dogs seem to have so much personality. We call Frodo the "Little Man" -- he's reserved and thoughtful. We call Sam "The Scamp" for too many reasons to list here!

Morgan said...

Cute as pie. :)

Jill said...

Maybe if I show how adorable they are together to Paul he'll let me get a second one :) Charlie needs a friend!

Unknown said...

They are so cute! I love them, the little mops.