Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gone Gay for Belly Bands (Or: Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have A Fetus!)

If my Belly Band was a girl, I would totally make out with it.

Since I've learned that most people don't actually know what a Belly Band is, I thought I'd post a picture of my would-be lover.

But, being the whore that it is, Motherhood Maternity doesn't have them on their website. So this is the more fancy version, the Bella Band, that you can get at Nordstrom:


It is like a cami without the top part, and you can wear it like this lady is in the picture, or fold the top down, so that you don't have to button (or even zip!) your pants.

They are pretty wonderful. I have three: white, black, tan. I wish I just got three whites, but whatever. My wardrobe has quadrupled and I don't have to wear the same 5 things over and over.

I'm in love.

In other news, I am still sick off and on. Usually, I am sick when I need to not be sick - when I have plans, or need to write 3 blogs, or when I need to actually focus on something. But it is getting better, and it's really the only thing that keeps me somewhat convinced that I am actually still pregnant and not just a Puffalump.

Today I am 10 weeks, 5 days. Which means that there will be no more of this embryo bullshit - we officially have a FETUS. A real live sort of human looking baby, with nonwebbed toes and fingers, fingernails. Fun! And, that creepy looking spine tail is almost gone.

Goodbye tadpole, hello baby!

I've gained 2 pounds so far, but am incredibly bloated. This is my ten week belly pic, taken at a flattering angle first thing in the morning before I've eaten anything:



Once I get to about mid-afternoon, I'm filled with water and gas, and look way way bigger. So it looks like I'll be taking all the belly pics in the morning.

So as not to make anyone worry: we are going to Vegas this week, and I definitely won't post or comment on any blogs until we get back on Saturday. Have a great week, everyone!

29 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations on the Fetus!!!!

Umm... that photo looks like my belly now.

You look great to me!

mel said...

HAH! A puffalump! I had like 5 of them when I was little.

Anywhoo -- Have fun in sin city, your fetus will love it there :)

YEA for your 10 weeks and five days belly!!

Jill said...

Love the belly pic--2lb weight gain is fabulous!! Belly Bands rock!

Have a great time Vegas!

Sarah said...

Your baby bump is beautiful!

Lost in Space said...

You look great, Jen!!

Have fun in Vegas.

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic to me! Enjoy Las Vegas!

Io said...

Yay for a fetus!

JenM said...

Love the bump, yay for a fetus! Have fun in Vegas :-)

Confession: I went into Motherhood Maternity to look for one of those Belly Bands. I didn't like them, they looked too much like nylons, so I slinked my infertile butt out of there.

Bec said...

Well I think you look gorgeous hon :) Have fun in Vegas!

HereWeGoAJen said...

You look terrific!

I got my band thing from Target. I also wanted to make out with it. Just wait until you go to actual maternity pants. You will want to go to at least second base with them. I am thinking I shall secretly wear them for the rest of my life.

*Brandi* said...

You're looking great! Thos belly bands are wonderful aren't they?!

I hope you have fun in Vegas and that the sickness stays away!

Mrs. Higrens said...

Have fun in Vegas!

You rock that almost 11 week belly!

CJ said...

WHO HOO!! Vegas!! I am going Sept 5th!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for some time now. You mentioned you wish you had more white belly bands. Here is a link to an online store that has black, white and stone on sale for only 9.99. They have many other cute colors and designs but if you want simple they are the cheapest so you can stock up if you'd like! They are great for when your pre-pregnancy shirts ride up for a super cute layering look!

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot the link for the belly band in the last post. here it is:

http://www.babybeminematernity.com/store/osc/index.php?cPath=24_36

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Look at you sporting the baby bump! You look awesome! Can't wait to watch you grow and grow :)

Shawn and Aimee said...

I love your bump! It's adorable!! You look wonderful!

alicia said...

yay belly shot and belly bands! have fun in vegas

Anonymous said...

um, if you consider yourself a puffalump now, I would definitely hate you for how skinny you must have been before! You're skinnier than me and I'm not pregnant!

Anyway, I have been following your blog a couple months now and just wanted to say congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm just about 1 week ahead of you... and totally in the same boat as you belly-wise. In the morning, I certainly cannot fit into my clothes, but it's not ridiculous. By night-time (especially after dinner) it is a full-out joke - I look 4-5 months! Supposedly it's b/c the progesterone slows down digestion so the food is in your system longer (on top of all the bloating/gas we already have). I'm struggling to not "show" at work! Congrats anyway - to you and your fetus!

Anonymous said...

You are all cute and thin! Look at you working the baby bump. :)

I hope you find some maternity pants that aren't gross with a 32" inseam. I have no clue where to tell you to go--I liked Motherhood Maternity! But that was 3 years ago.

Andrea said...

Hi. I am a lurker just wanted to say hi and congrats! I hope everything goes very smoothly. My husband and I are starting this sometime next year and reading these blogs has given me quite a bit of knowledge. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding like a Debby Downer, I was getting really depressed from obsessing over infertility every fricking second of every fricking day. Until I found your blog. I am now hopelessly addicted and wanted to delurk to say congrats on the fetus! Normally I want to punch someone in the face when I hear they're pregnant, but I am truly happy for you! And also...will you marry me? Ha, just kidding. Sort of. I'm married. What?

Shawn and Aimee said...

Jen, I tagged you for 6 random things about yourself. (I think you've already done this, but I don't read too many blogs and didn't want to randomly tag people!)

**mrsl** said...

I just found your blog today and I must say:
- Congrats
- Wonderful Writing
- You don't look in the least bit fat.. you look great.. and so does the cupcake!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Just stopped by today to tell you CONGRATS on making it to 12 weeks!!! 2nd Trimester, here she comes!! I couldn't be happier for ya, even though I don't know ya.

Yay!!

Josée Martens said...

what an adorable belly shot! I love it. I am so getting those bella bands when i get preggo! Which will be in 3 weeks btw. Yippee.
Congrats.

Vanessa said...

those bella bands are GREAT for nursing when the time comes too!! they help not showing everyone everything from the chest down, while the nursing thing is happening (at least in public)! My husband and I read your blog and we laughed histerically at your blog a few up about the fart in the elevator! Keep blogging!

DeloresMelon said...

I just found your blog the other day! Trying to catch up. I LOVED MY belly bands!!