Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lucky 13

13 Weeks!!

This week we had our Nuchal Translucency test, and I was pretty excited. Mostly because it involved an ultrasound, and partly because I would get a view of the cupcake and see which of these two things it resembles:

#1: Spike, the Gremlin.



You know, Spike? The badass Gremlin. The, uh, gas causing, nausea inducing, bloody nose giving, bloat maker? That one. It is possible that I will birth a Gremlin. (That, or a giant gas bubble.) Notice how Spike bit the head off that gingerbread cookie...

#2: A BAYBEE!




As it would turn out, we are, indeed, having a babybee. Not Spike. Good news. Please enjoy your favorite bottle of wine (the entire thing) in order to properly celebrate.

The ultrasound was so cool! Cupcake has gotten ginormous since our last ultrasound, when it looked like a gummy bear and made me feel all guilty for eating gummy bears. This looks like a baby...ish. With a really big head. And a joy for flipping all over the place while the nurse tries to get its neck measurement.

I have to wait about a week to get the test results, but the nurse said the measurement was perfect, and they just need to cross test it with the blood results. There was a student there, so I got the longest.ultrasound.ever! It was fab. (Except when the student pressed on my bladder like it was pizza dough, that was not fab.)

Here's my 13 week belly pic:



Lately I've only been able to eat teeny tiny bits of food at a time. I'll be STARVING GIVE MEH FOOD NOW! Then after a few bites I'll bee I'M STUFFED GET THAT FOOD AWAY FROM MEH GAG GAG GAG! Rinse and repeat two hours later.

Until yesterday.

Yesterday? I was so hungry that if you dared to wave food in my general vicinity, I would have probably eaten it, along with your fingers and possibly some of your hand. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit and Hashbrown from McDonalds
Chocolate Pudding
Two Strawberry Pop Tarts
One Cup of Trail Mix
One Snack Bag of White Cheddar Popcorn
One ENTIRE BOX of Totino's Pizza Rolls
One Monster Stuffed Baked Potato
One Giant Salad

So gross. And if you want to know the truth? I could've shoved, like, ten more things in my mouth before bed. But refrained since I was starting to judge myself...

Still just up 3 pounds overall, though. Not sure how!

That's pretty much all that I care to blog about. The other major thing that happened this week was that I got stuck in an elevator after one of my coworkers let a diarrhea fart, and loudly gagged the entire way from floor 5 to floor 2.

(Then I proceeded to announce to the people waiting to get on that "I totally didn't do that." Because I didn't want them to think I shit directly on the floor or anything. When I looked back at the elevator, the three people inside had their noses plugged.)

(Who farts in an elevator?!)

(Serously? Who does that? Fart OUTSIDE at least, before you are trapped in a glass cage of filthy stench!)

(GAG)

33 comments:

Io said...

Ew. I'm gagging just reading about the fart.
Glad to hear you're not carrying Spike.

Aunt Becky said...

Diarrhea farts are the pits. That person should be shot.

I'm hungry and cranky, can you tell?

Kim said...

Glad to hear all is well! Happy 13 weeks!

Courtney said...

Diarrhea farts are the worst. Especially when it's not yours. That's just gross. But it makes for a funny blog.

JenM said...

Aw, hi baby! Did the baby watch the Yoga DVD? That looks like downward dog to me!

HereWeGoAJen said...

It is a beautiful baby! And you look great!

Sarah said...

LMAO! I'm sorry..farts are funny! I guess because I wasnt stuck with the perpetrator, its REALLY funny.

And your baby is beautiful! Great U/S shot. Mine sucked. I was the only one that could tell what it was.

Lost in Space said...

Congrats on 13 weeks. So glad your cupcake doesn't look like Spike. (:

Heather said...

Congratulations! And ewwww on whoever did the farting!!!

Josée Martens said...

13 weeks!! Yay! Congrats. Each day and week is to be celebrated.

Nice job on your food yesterday. I'd like to eat that today but have no excuse. Rats.

And the elevator thing... geez... come on. I hope they were embarrassed.

Julia said...

13 weeks and counting..Congrats!

Are the Totino's Pizza Rolls like the Combos. I haven't had any of those in forever.

And the diarrhea fart sounds more like a SHART! Yuk.

Amy said...

Hellooooo Baby!!!!

Mrs. Higrens said...

Good: Baybeeeee!
Bad: Bladders are not Pizza Dough!
Ugly: Coworkers with stinky farts!

Thanks for the laughs.

Anonymous said...

Laughing uncontrollably.

13 weeks? Happy dance! 27 to go, can you believe you're almost to the half way mark?!?!

Did you get that dress at Fashion Bug? I have the same one... LOVE IT!!

andrea said...

hi baybee!!! so cute :)

you are looking good jen!

and i would have probaly thrown up in the elevator -- me and anything resembling a "strong odor" do not get along these days....

Anonymous said...

I was happy and laughing about all the food you were eating and then the fart story....gross! haha But anyway, keep eating! When it's this early, I truely believe it for the baby!!! He/She needs it! Good luck!

nancy said...

lol! That's terrible. I wonder how many people though you were lying! :)

alicia said...

yay week 13!!! cute u/s pic, soo awesome and cute belly shot! serious mine looks like that now! and I am 5 weeks 5 days, i think there has to be more then one in there, or I am just fat! ha ha.

eiew farting on elevators, so rude!

Beautiful Mess said...

*new reader* lol @ "I totally didn't do that." That's awesome! Congrats on your little cupcake. The picture of Spike doesn't resemble Cupcake at all, w00t w00t! Have a GREAT day!
-D *ICLW*

Paula Keller said...

So glad you are doing well!!! It's hard to believe it's been 13 weeks already!

Shereen said...

OMG, I would die if I was pregnant and trapped on a
fart filled elevator. PUKE!!

battynurse said...

Glad to here there is no spike in there, just a baby. And I'm sorry but I'm laughing at the diarrhea fart and that you got off and announced you hadn't done that. I have a coworker who will go in the med room (enclose space slightly larger than an elevator) and fart then leave. He's kind of gross.

Tiffanie said...

*raises hand* i fart in elevators. i also pee in pools and poop in childrens litter boxes like i was a cat.

cute belly:)

Tiffanie said...

i meant children's sand boxes. ugghh. i suck when i have no sleep:)

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog...I am 16 wks after FET #1. Severe MF infertility. Terrible morning sickness at night til last week....so much I was losing weight! But just wanted to say best of luck.....it's really great to see another IVF'er have success! Oh, and we are having a boy, confirmed this week by 3D u/s :)

Bec said...

Happy 13 weeks hon! Looks like a gorgeous bubba in there :)

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit! You made me laugh so hard I had cramps! We just got our BFP on Friday (Aug. 22) after our 1st IVF ... we know we're not out of the woods yet and will feel better tomorrow when the 2nd beta kicks ass! Lovin' the baby bump ... Congrats!

Lorrie said...

You're so tiny, Jen! Your belly pic is adorable. Doesn't look like anything you've been eating has been affecting your size. :)

Mazzy said...

Girl, I am right there with you on the weird ass diet. Starving, can't eat much, starving again in 30 minutes to an hour.
This is food hell.
Your belly looks great. I think I am twice that size.

Wishing 4 One said...

Wow, you're belly is waay too cute! How disgusting on the nasty loser who let one loose in the elevator, I am so with you, who does that? Congrats girl on 13 weeks...xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby!!!

Jen you look great with your cute little baby bump! Glad to hear everything looks great with your baby!

P.S.- farting in an elevator is gross! I would have been throwing up. It is making me gag now just thinking about it! (and im not even pregnant!)

Erin said...

Thanks for stopping by. I think you are right, phone is best.

I have to say I like being a week and a few days behind you, it's like having a view into the future. Hope you are feeling well. I LOVE your bump, I am totally getting one already too.

Marie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog...I feel like I hit the big time..*blushing*

I love your writing and I consider you one of the best!!

Your baby is soooo super cute and looks just like you!

Oh and I usually shy away from baby bumps but yours is super cute!