Saturday, September 20, 2008

You Down With RLP?

Yeah you know me!

And in case you were wondering, as soon as this title occurred to me, I spent a solid 5 minutes trying to figure out how to change the lyrics of OPP to fit with RLP. Unsuccessfully, may I add.*

A rapper I will never be. I will leave the awesome tunes to Naughty By Nature.

Here's a (VERY ACCURATE) description of round ligament pain that I found on Baby Center :
You may feel round ligament pain as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting out of bed or out of a chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. You may feel it as a dull ache after a particularly active day — when you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity.


But listen...there is a cure for RLP: Walk like an old lady! Hunch over, put a hand on your abdomen, and walk with shuffling feet whilst grunting and sighing as much as possible. (You may also shake your fists at the heavens.)




Everything is going well over here in uterus central, but the RLP is a little ouchy. I'm handling it well by making strange noises. Clearly, am pregnancy dynamo.

I haven't been having much in the way of cravings. Sure, there are things that sound good, but nothing that causes me to elbow Mark in his incredibly sculpted abs** in the middle of the night demanding that he acquire some ridiculous food or else suffer the consequences of pregnancy hunger NOM NOM NOM.

The things I have been craving don't involve food, but instead involve mooshy cute baby items. I think my mom is having sympathy cravings, because she pulled an early Santa Claus and delivered my Christmas presents in September...All the Graco Deco stuff we wanted!

Our High Chair:



The Travel System:



The Pack and Play:



The Bouncy Chair:



And since we snagged a great deal, we also got an early Christmas gift for ourselves!

Our Glider and Ottoman:




AND, since the big ultrasound is less than two weeks away, why don't you be darling and vote on my poll so that I can speculate pointlessly and obsess over something that doesn't really matter...mmmkay?

*One particularly troubling line: "It's kind of like another way to call a cat a kitten." If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments.

**He has been elbowed in said abs for snoring, because OMFG stop breathing you inconsiderate prick! I'm trying to get my sleepz!

30 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Hooray for baby schwag! Love it all! Gorgeous.

And as for flavor of baby? I got no guesses. I'm kinda bad like that.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hey, you got good stuff! I don't think my mom likes me that much.

KLTTX said...

Your mom did a great job. That stuff is really cute and will work for a boy or a girl. I voted but am not good at guessing.

momofonefornow said...

I love the baby gear. The print is completely adorable.

Paula Keller said...

Laughing my ass off at the snoring! Can TOTALLY relate!

Santa has been good to you!!! The baby gear is too cute! The sophisticated baby. :)

Anonymous said...

Stupid question: Does the pack n play have cup holders? I'm staring at it trying to figure out what those things are.

LOVE me some bouncy seats! Elizabeth loved her seat, and I could get work done. Did you pick out a frilly bassinet yet?

Tricia said...

Wow! What awesome stuff! Nice.

And I think it is a girl.. just because I like to be different!

B's Mom said...

I'm in love with the baby stuff. VERY CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Love your Blog, very funny! Cute baby gear you will love the stroller I have the same one. I have been through four other brands, Graco beats them all. Love the print very trendy and good for a boy or girl. Im a mother of two daughters and carried very much like you. So my guess is GIRL most people thought I was having a boy but they were wrong. Take care and much luck on your pregnancy!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Dude. I am so copying this blog post and emailing it to my mom. She'd better be ready the minute I get preggo or get on an adoption waiting list to buy a few of my favorite things. And schnitzle with noodle is not one of them.

I am also going to use that line on my H (no D, since he snores like a mo' fo') the next time his loud nostrils wake me up.

Merry early Christmas! Awesome gifts :)

Stace said...

Love the Graco stuff.

And as always, you kept me laughing. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog - very happy for you :) Also....love your glider and ottoman - where d'ya find it?
Enjoy all your fun baby stuff!!!

Io said...

Love the pattern. Now if only the bouncy seat came in adult size...how awesome would it be to nap in that?

Mrs. Higrens said...

Ahhh. There is hope for a glider that doesn't look like something out of a bad country-style house look. (not that country-style is necessarily bad, it's just SO NOT my thing and if DH insists on one that kills my soul he's going to get an elbow in his not so sculpted abs.)

Also, Hot Damn on all the baby stuff. Love the print!

Julia said...

Me like!

It must be a relief to have that stuff picked out and sitting in your garage for hubby to assemble.
What directions?

Jendeis said...

Love the baby stuff pattern! Love the big chair!

Earplugs. Learn it, live it, love it. Or get hubby a test for sleep apnea, it worked for me!

Malloryn said...

That baby stuff is awesome -- yay mom! You guys picked out a great pattern. It looks all interchangeable too, like Legos. :P

Elle Charlie said...

Love the polka dots - so cute without being too cute!

Courtney said...

Very cute stuff you guys picked out. I am a big fan of your rocking/gliding chair. I think that's one piece of furniture I'd pay top dollar for (someday...*sigh*). Even if I have to save money by buying a crib at a garage sale, I'll find a way...!

FSD said...

I've been lurking the last few weeks, but I couldn't resist responding to the RLP post. I'm about a week ahead of you and the RLP has been kicking my butt!! Glad to know I'm not alone.

Your mom is awesome to have purchased all that stuff! Lucky girl.

Stacy Woodruff said...

I love the baby stuff. Is nifty. I think baby is boy.

Anonymous said...

Might want to relax on the elbowing...third trimester snoring on my part sent DH to guest room to escape. Let's not even talk about the other noises the baby, hormones, etc. were causing!

Great baby stuff.

No guess on flavor...

alicia said...

ohh soo cute! I love your choices, well done!

I also have to elbow my hubby when he snores, like last night, that left me having about 3 horus of sleep, ahhhh!

Anonymous said...

Uuuu, Where did the time go? Congrats on being 18 weeks along!!!
Love the slide show of belly-shots.
Well, isn't your mommy a dear for indulging your cravings!! What a haul! I'm happy and they're not for me lol.
Merry Christmas!

Anna

Ginny said...

That stuff is adorable. Baby bouncer & swing are a must have with babies! Make sure to get a swing, I wouldn't have survived without mine for both my girls, lol.

Love the colors you picked & that chair is fab!

Anonymous said...

I love the glider & ottoman what brand are they!?

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

It is so much fun to get all that equipment for new babies! I vote for a girly but what do I know, I am always wrong!

Mazzy said...

Man, I am jealous. All that baby stuff is gorgeous!!! And so gender unspecific, what a great idea. We have been desparately waiting to find out so we could start shopping.
I walk like a total old lady, too. Every time I stand up I think my uterus is going to fall out. Those round ligament pains are merciless.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey, we are looking at the same glider/ottoman set from Babies R Us and I wanted to see how you like it now that you have it in the house/room?

Anonymous said...

You have no idea who I am - I found your blog through someone else's (http://www.babydustdiaries.com/).

I just wanted to say I love your stuff you picked out - the travel system and pack and play and stuff. I am not even pregnant yet (or may be 3.5 weeks... but I don't know yet) and I almost bought that set yesterday.