Wednesday, October 1, 2008

19 Weeks: I don't need you! I don't need anyone! I have a snoogle!

We have a morning routine with the dogs. Mark gets up at an ungodly hour (4:30 am), showers, lets the dogs out, then brings them to our room to cuddle with me (read:pounce on my face and possibly sniff my crotch) when he leaves at 5:30.

Usually, I am halfway awake when he comes in, and I can fully enjoy the dog food-breath kisses and cuddles. But lately I have been dead asleep because I got a SNOOGLE! I mean, this thing is the best $52 purchase I've ever made!

Here is an incredibly ghey picture of a snoogle, snagged from Babies R Us:


Apparently, the Snoogle has been around since the mid-80's, judging by the fashion displayed in this photo. (My favorite part is the man socks she is wearing. Shexy!)

This morning, I was still asleep when the dogs came in and when they jumped on me I groaned and covered my head with one hand and my uterus with another. So of course, Mark takes the chance to tell the dogs that I don't love or need them now that I have my Snoogle. Because we take every opportunity to manipulate the love of our dogs.

And I said: I don't need anybody! I have a Snoogle!

And I may or may not have meant it. Just a little.

I mean, it does create an issue if there is to be any sort of touching. As in: Mark cannot break the Snoogle barrier. Oh, but the sleep! And the comfy! Can you really expect me to choose between my Snoogle and my husband?
Nobody said pregnancy was romantic, right?*

I'm thinking of making the switch from straight belly shots to full-body shots. I have been taking them myself with the self timer for just belly shots, or in the mirror. I think just the belly looks weird at this point. Here are both for 19 Weeks:





I would like to have Mark take them, but I only could do that at night, and I look like complete garbage after work and school.

Things are moving right along here - I am starving ALL THE TIME now, but can only eat small portions before I am stuffed and OMFG going to die! Then an hour later, I'm starving again, and honestly people, it's getting really hard to support my feedbagging habits.

Only, like, 35 more meals*** between now and when we find out if this cupcake is a boy or girl!

*I might use it forever, though.**
**Meh. Nobody said marriage was romatic, right?
***Or, Friday. 35 was a conservative number.

24 comments:

Hyppychick said...

Oh MAN! I loved my SNOOGLE when I was pregnant. My hubby thought I was gonna divorce him and marry the SNOOGLE!

HereWeGoAJen said...

My husband just discovered that things like this exist. He generously offered to buy me one so that he could have it when I was done!

I tried to sleep with a body pillow at first and felt like something was trying to suffocate me. I figure more pillow would be even worse. I went with the cushioning on top of the mattress instead.

Sarah said...

I need a snoogle NOW! I'm not pregnant...yet, but I need that snoogle in my life.

And you are a freaking adorable preggo!

Sarah said...

Oh and when I was pregnant...there was this little piece of foam magic called a pregnancy wedge. It goes under your big ole belly to keep it from feeling like it pulling off your body when you're on your side. I loved that stupid little wedge. So much.

alicia said...

Friday! yay!! that is this week, so excited!

I am soooo getting a snoogle, wonder if it is premature to pick one up at jsut 11 weeks pregers?? huh what do you think? My sleeping has been a nightmare, so restless and uncomfortable all the time! hate it!

Aunt Becky said...

Don't lie. That's totally a picture of you with your Snoogle. And thanks, I may buy one now! You make it look comfy.

Elle Charlie said...

I want that. I don't need it, but I want it. I already sleep with an extra pillow and a heating pad (hey, it's COLD in Minnesota). I probably don't need anymore stuff to keep my poor Hubs at bay.

nancy said...

I have a snoogle too. I freaking love it.

I saw those man socks right away too. Well, maybe not before I wanted to recommend her to take a trip to see my girl to get her eyebrows waxed. Damn.

Oh yeah - I had to re-read that first paragraph. I couldn't tell if it was your husband or dogs that pounced on your face and smelled your crotch. :)

Cindy said...

I had a body pillow when I was pregnant with my daughter, and at first my husband called it "my boyfriend," and finally he named it "Phil." He said I never snuggled with HIM anymore...heh! Goober.

Anyway...I'm glad you're sleeping well! Enjoy it!

Paula Keller said...

Jen, that belly is ridiculously cute!

So do you have to sleep on your side now? I'm a flat on my belly kind of sleeper. I imagine that might change if I get pregnant.

We have sort of the same routine, except I'm the one getting up at the ungodly hour. And the dogs, if it is anywhere near the time I get up and I so much as move, then swooop, they are off of the bed like a rocket.

JenM said...

Full body picture if you're voting. You're right, the belly on its own isn't as telling of the state of your bump.

And for what it's worth - I could barely get over the hair - I didn't see the socks until you pointed it out.

andrea said...

i so want a snoogle now! omg i can not sleep at night - al.freaking.ready damn.

and the belly keeps getting cuter by the week! can't wait to find out if cupcake has blue or pink icing :)

Tricia said...

So when do we get to give our boy or girl guesses??? I think Girl.

The snoogle sounds fantastic preggo or not. Honestly I am only 5 1/2 weeks an the thought of my husband's body even remotely touching mine while I sleep sends smoke out of my ears. I think I'm getting a little cranky. lOL

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! I love your blog.. Seriously brightens my day
Can't wait for you to have your well deserved baby!!

Malloryn said...

You're looking fabulous! I can't wait to hear whether the cupckae is a boy or a girl :) That Snoogle sounds like a fine thing!

Anonymous said...

The snoogle picture totally cracks me up. I can't wait to find out what your cupcake is, hurry up Friday! Hopefully it's a boy, Cletus needs a penpal. :)

Mazzy said...

I want your snoogle, seriously. And can I just say whatever advertiser dreamed up that photo ad deserves a raise? At least you know the snoogle will last a minimum of 20 years.
That belly is so cute. Come on FRIDAY. Dying to know pink or blue.
*hugs*

Caelan'sMom said...

I never liked my snoogle :(. Which was awful b/c I really WANTED to like it, since I paid 52 bucks for it...

Julia said...

I like to full body shots much better. You always have a cute outfit on.

I'm so getting a Snoogle!!!

Mombi said...

*hangs head in shame*
I own those same socks. They're Hanes, they have pink stitching, and at least they're crew ankle... but yes, mansocks.

Fifty K said...

Not pregnant here but definately want a snoogle now. Wow, that looks very comfy. Very jealous. Hmm. Have to ask Santa for a snoogle now.

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

Looks cozy!

FSD said...

I need a Snoogle, but haven't purchased one yet because I wasn't sure if it worked. I think you've convinced me!

Anonymous said...

Oh it was "Snoogle or death" in my house. I loved me snoogle, I started to call it my boyfriend. It was great for b/feeding after too. It was the best gift I ever got! I even passed on the Snoogle love to a fellow pg Momma. They wash up nicely in the washer and let it air dry.