Thursday, October 9, 2008

20 Weeks: Bump Watch and Plump Watch

OR: Jen's Brain Is Mush And She Has Nothing Amusing To Say So She Posts A Shit Ton Of Pictures and Hopes You Don't Notice kthxbye.

I planned an overly-detailed post about finding out that we are having a GIRL (!), but now it is Thursday and I haven't done it and FAIL. This weekend? Possibly. Or possibly not, as I may still be staring at the two big pink squares we painted on the nursery walls so that I drive myself so crazy that I start eating the paint just to see which one feels more right because I can't possibly imagine another way to try to make a decision.

See? FAIL. On all accounts.

I had what I think was my first pregnancy-induced HOT MESS moment this week. Complete with crying over nothing along with two bloody noses and beating myself up over getting a 94 on my super hard accounting test because OMFG I should've gotten a 99 and GAWD!

In other words, a hot mess moment so fantastic that it made Mark declare: Fuck you, hormones! (Like, from the movie Knocked Up? In a funny way, not in a mean way.)

But maybe it's not fair to declare FAIL, because my repeated attempts to overextend myself have finally become a success. Am scheduling superstar. Clearly.

Is it December yet? Also, is it February yet?

The great news is that I have a nursery closet that is slowly filling up with pink and girly things and I am so excited that I almost just can't even stand it. A girl! So much fun.


Also fun? Bump Watch! The 20 Week Belly...


I'm definitely looking on the knocked up side these days. I only have about 10 nonmaternity shirts that are long enough to fit over the bump, but the maternity shirts I've gotten still look weird and too big. Like tents.

Not all that fun, but still will be mentioned? Plump Watch! At 20 weeks, I've gained 8 pounds. One pound a week for the last 3 weeks. I will spare you the additional weight talk about how I am probably going to have to be lifted from my bed via crane at 40 weeks and then possibly hauled out through the bedroom window because I can't fit down the stairway. (you're welcome)

After our ultrasound on Friday, we went directly to BabyGap, where I purchased cupcake's first two gender specific outfits.

Outfit #1:
This Hoodie



To go over this shirt


With these jeans



Outfit #2:
This onesie



To go with these cords



It took a serious amount of self restraint (and stomach growling because I really wanted to eat ribs) to stop at two outfits.

Maybe I should work at Gap just for a discount? I'm sure I could fit it in my schedule somehow.

24 comments:

Mombi said...

Your bump is friggin' adorable, as are cupcake's new outfits.

If you're having that hard of a time choosing between the shades of pink, I'm sure that either one will be fine. They're probably both great.

Anonymous said...

Between the belly pics and the girl clothes there is so much cuteness there that I can barely stand it!!! Must shop immediately!! Love you!! MOM

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! I'm trying to will this kid to give me a real baby bump instead of just extra padding. I suppose if my boobs weren't so mountainous it might look bigger. Whatever, I'll take what I can get.

I love the clothes! I seriously need to go get some cute outfits, just to stare at and dream about for the next 4 1/2 months. :)

Marie said...

You are so cute and carrying the baby well...just cutely.

The outfits are also adorable. I love baby blue jeans.

School sucks.

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

You look wonderful! And baby clothes are so cute!!!

Mazzy said...

OMG you look so cute. I don't feel very cute yet. 8 lbs isn't bad at all!
I LOVE THE OUTFITS. I might have to go shopping at Baby Gap this weekend.

Courtney said...

What a cute bump!! Those outfits will look so cute on your little cupcake!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think I had gained way more than 8 pounds at 20 weeks. I'm 33 weeks now and I have gained 20 some pounds? You look perfect anyway.

Ms. J said...

LOVE the onesie!

Congrats on the news :o)

You look f'in adorable, by the way!!!

Kim said...

Well, surely she will need bows and headbands! Take my hand and come with me, while I walk you through the wonderful world of Etsy...

Malloryn said...

Oh a little girl, that is awesome! Girlie clothes are SO adorable. You've made some great picks there at the GAP... I can see why an employee discount would be tempting. Congrats again!

Julia said...

Sorry about your 94!!! I'll bet up the teacher if you want. My hormones have also been raging.

At this rate the kids going to have tons of clothes and not enough days in the week to wear them all. Of course they do soil their clothes during the day. Either way your girl is going to be stylin!!

alicia said...

ohhhh so cute!!! I lvoe baby clothes, cannot wait!

Also I can't wait to see nursery pics!

Aunt Becky said...

Baby clothes are ever so much fun to buy, eh? I'm digging on the girl stuff, but I swear, it's just as hard to find decent (decent = non-trashy) clothes for girls as it was for boys. I guess the grass is always greener, right?

Lorrie said...

Those clothes are too cute, as is your baby bump.

I want to see nursery pictures too! Can you fit that into your insanely busy schedule asap, please?

JenM said...

You look too adorable. Seriously. I bet people are trying to touch it all the time. And I love the outfits from BabyGap. Adorable. You may want to look into that part time job because I imagine it's addicting.

Lost in Space said...

Your bump is adorable, Jen. Congrats on your baby girl!! Shop to your heart's content. (:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous baby bump and yaaaaaaaaaay on the girly news! :) :)

So excited for you and love the girly clothes too!

Congrats, congrats!

x
Yvonne

Elle Charlie said...

A girl - wow, the shopping possibilities are endless. Like your first two choices!

Anonymous said...

You are perfectly round and absolutely adorable. I hope I look as good at 20 weeks!

Emily said...

COngratulations on a GIRL! You have NOT gained too much weight, and you look GREAT by the way! You're making pre-IVF-number-2-Emily-whohasgained10poundsandis notevenpregnant want to yack! You are a foxy pregnant lady! Done! :)

Anonymous said...

8 pounds is nothing! You're doing great. Don't worry about gaining weight. It's just your body's way of preparing you for breast-feeding, because you burn a TON of calories if you decide to breast-feed. I highly recommend it. 6 weeks after I gave birth, I was below my pre-preg weight. During my pregnancy I gained about 50 lbs.

battynurse said...

I love looking at/shopping for baby clothes, especially girl stuff.

Anonymous said...

Jen, you look adorable! Your bump is so perfect and it's funny because all of a sudden in that latest picture you look like you are carrying low - which is supposedly "typical" of having a boy. It's just another reason that I think old wives tales are stupid!! hehehe. Cupcake's outfits are adorable!!!