Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7 Months: We're about to be in a world of trouble.



Do you see that? That! Right there? Is a baybee!
A BAYBEE WHO IS ABOUT TO CRAWAAAAALLLLLLL!
The only problem is that her arms? Have not gotten the memo. She does more of an inchworm move. Across the room. To try to put dog toys in her mouth.
Oh...boy.

The past few weeks have just been out of control. As in, we can no longer control this baybee! This...person! She is getting opinions - like, I don't want green beans GIMMEH MANGO!

And I have to be all NO! YOU CANNOT HAVA THA MANGO!
(And then I slap my ass, because obviously.)

This baybee? Is finally crossing the threshold of being smarter than the dogs.


The dogs? Just hope that we drop some of those green beans. Or mangoes. Or turds, whatever, they'll eat anything.


Olivia lurves her some jumperoo. She gets in there and jumps (in a jumperoo - shocker!!) and yells and plays.

She giggles.
She talks. She says amazing things, like:
GAAAAAAAAH! gagagagagagagaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Haaaaaiiiiiiii*
BA! BA! BA! .....................BA!
Geeeeeeeee.

She plays in her crib, and whines when she's ready to come out. If you stand out of her sight, you can watch her yell, then get really quiet and poke her head up to see if anyone came.

Just this week she started handing us her toys. Like, "here, slobber on this!" And then she smiles and takes it back. Rinse, repeat.

The most fun thing to do EVAH! is bang things together.
Except when you bang things together like your smooshy preshus baybee face and your giant plastic flower...then that is the worst thing EVAH!

No! Wait! The boogie sucker is the worst thing EVAH! I know this because we had our first cold. But thanks to the fountain of snot, we learned that Olivia can sit up by herself like a big girl. You know, because she sneezed a giant wad of snot onto her face, and I had to run and get a tissue. She sat up an watched me leave and come back.

Which was pointless because everyone knows the snot just ended up on my hand anyway because little preshus turned her head as soon as I came at her with a tissue.
Is that drool on her chin? Or snot? You just can't tell until you touch it.


We got the green light to try to reintroduce dairy. So we're slowly sneaking in some Gentlease - or, more accurately, the dirt cheap Target ripoff.
Cost of 24 ounces of powder Enfamil Nutramigen AA Lipil? $78
Cost of 24 ounces of Target Gentlease Ripoff? $12
What will I do with all that extra money?
Roll around in it naked because obviously.

She is the best way to start and end a day. Naked money rolling or not.

*Would you totally make fun of me if I told you that Olivia has been saying "Hai" for a month? Like, hi. When you go to get her up from a nap, or when someone comes home.
If you would totally make fun of me: She does not to that.
If you would not totally make fun of me: She says HAI! I swearz!

24 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the Mango ref...
And congrats on having a crawler! I can't wait to hear the stories that this will bring!!

Erin said...

YAY for cheapie formula. Have fun rolling around naked in all your dough - watch out for paper cuts!

I *heart* Livie's big fatty cheeks!! Cuuuute.

areyoukiddingme said...

The snot sucker is the most universally hated piece of the nursery ever!

Olivia is one little cutie. Good luck keeping up with her!

HereWeGoAJen said...

NOOOOO!!! Tie the leggies together. Do not let her crawl. It definitely cuts down on the Time to Blog. Believe me, I learned this the hard way. And mine is about to walk. Help.

I believe you that she says Hi. :) She is a genius baby.

Courtney said...

Great pictures. What a cutie!

Beverley said...

SO frickin cute. And Lucy says Ma Ma Ma Ma...and no one better tell me she doesn't know what she's saying! HA.

Anonymous said...

She probably is saying hi. Why not? She says it, you understand it, she gets a positive reaction, she does it again--hey, if that's not language, what is? :)

Mrs. Higrens said...

Evidence of genius baby: saying 'hai' and going after the dog toys which _everyone_ knows are better than those carefully researched and designed baby toys.

*Brandi* said...

Oh the dog toys!!! You know you love the slobber! She's just too darn cute to tell her no!

katherine said...

If you think she says "hi" then she says hi! My sister (who is much younger than me, so I remember) did the same starting at 6 months. Other words followed shortly thereafter. There was no stopping her! By the time she was 18months she spoke in full sentences!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for cheap formula! I know it's been a long time coming!

She's toooooooo cute. Those cheeks! Make me swoon!

Emily said...

I want to eat her face off!!! Her cheeks and chin are the sweetest I have ever seen :)

Heather Rodriguez said...

She says HAI!!! Love it!

KimboSue said...

I want to gobble her up - snot, drools and all!

Tell her Miles says HAI too!

Parsing Nonsense said...

Ah the snot sucker. When I was a nanny I was the only one my niece would allow to suck snot out of her nose. I did dance around with it like a puppet, though, so maybe that's why?

WannabeMommy said...

"This baybee? Is finally crossing the threshold of being smarter than the dogs."

Ha! That made me pee my pants.

Good Egg Hatched said...

I can't wait to enter this world of HAI-saying, snot sucker-resisting, mango-requesting adventure! You make it sound so fun!

Maggie said...

I have read this post multiple times b/c it CRACKS me up. Totally. Thanks for the many laughs...keep em coming.

-Maggie

Cats&Jess said...

O.M.G! $78!!? That shit is expeeeeensive! 0_o

samantha said...

Your blog is HILARIOUS! Always enjoy reading it.

My daughter started saying "Ahh-pull" at ~7mos and my husband & I were convinced she was saying "apple!"

Your daughter is SOOOO saying HI. :-)

Sandy said...

Thanks for the laugh, Jen. Seriously, I would need (more) prescription meds if it weren't for you. And seven months? Sigh.

Check out our cruise pictures. We had fun but it was also exhausting because we took Oscar and...well...seven months. You know.

Sandy said...

I think I screwed up the URL part of my name. Have I mentioned that I have a seven-month-old?

Sandy said...

Ok, I didn't, lol. You can delete these last two posts Jen. :) (slinks away sheepishly and promises not to bother you again for awhile)

Florence said...

I hesitate to say it, but all I could think of when I read Olivia's talking was the intro to Bad Romance. XD Except Olivia's is much more enjoyable.