Monday, December 14, 2009

Ten Months: You know who else can do that? MY CAT.

It's getting harder for me to keep track of and blog about the new, exciting things that Olivia has been doing.  Because they are amazing...to nobody but us. Like, OMFG, Olivia watches us walk across the room! And she follows us! Isn't that amayZING?!

But it is. She's gone from a sleepy little pile of cute, to a huge, interactive, silly pile of cute.

Fun things Olivia does at 10 Months:

-Sits on her knees and bounces when she is excited. Usually paired with wild-woman arm flapping and squee noises heard 'round the world.

-Notices and loves the television. And FAIL of all FAIL, she loves Barney. I mean, really. She loves that purple douchetard. She also loves Elmo. This makes me die a little bit inside.

-She knows exactly what "no" means, and it totally pisses her off. Her favorite things to go after are the dog food bowls, and the garbage can in the kitchen. She babbles and squeals as she crawls toward them, and when you tell her no, she sits and screams her head off in agony. "BUT MOM! THA BOWLZ!"

- Still working on the whole walking thing. She easily cruises along furniture. She has a stroller and she walks all over the place behind it, smiling like she just found out that she won a million biter biscuits. She tries to stand, too, but it only lasts about 3 seconds before she falls on her butchie.

(I call her butt her butchie. Because I like to squeeze her butt cheeks and say buttcheeksbuttcheeksbuttcheeks. And it is easier to say butchiebutchiebutchie.)

(And I am totally amazed by her 3 seconds of standing, so much that I yell for Mark every time - DID YOU SEE HER STAND FOR THREE SECONDS ZOMG?!)

- The past couple of weeks, she has started clapping. Which, adorable. Enough said.

- She likes music. She shakes her arms and wiggles when she hears it.

- Still a total attention whore. I'm going to just stop mentioning it in updates.

- It seems like she says ma, da, dah (doggie), and ba (baba/bottle) with purpose. I'm not confident enough to say that she has words yet. The only constant is HAI! which she has been saying for a few months.

- BEGS for food. Comes up to you, smiles, coos. Drools. It's insanely adorable. She loves to eat. Table food. Bottles? Not so much.

- There is one new development that I absolutely HATE: separation anxiety. I don't mind holding her, and calming her down when I just walk out of sight. But, oh god...the daycare drop off. BRUTAL. She reaches and cries. Even when my mom watches her. The upside is that I get a giant smile when I come home, but ugh. The drop off is awful.

This is what she does when I get the camera...definitely fun to come home to!


We go back to the ped for a weight check soon, and we also go to the pediatric gastroenterologist this month. I'm curious to see what they will say about her weight and switching her to milk in a couple months*. I can't imagine that she managed to gain too much after the Great Illness of 09. I'm just hoping she's not too far off the charts.

*A COUPLE MONTHS! I'VE GOT A BIRTHDAY PARTY TO PLAN!

22 comments:

Dawn0fTime said...

Wow! Planning her first birthday party already! I've been reading your blog since before you conceived, and it seems like the time has flown by!

Marie said...

We are all about the little things the baby does at our house. It all, "Look he is totally holding his toy, he has to be advanced." Ha!

Time does fly as I have been reading back when you were talking about wanting to pee on Mark in the grocery store. By far my FAVORITE post.

the mind behind said...

She is so cute!!
Every moment is just amazing isn't it?!

Nic said...

OMG too cute!! SHe sounds adorable!!

Candice said...

She's such a cutie-patotootie!

Nap Mom said...

I konw what you mean about the drop off. My husband does it now 9just worked out that way) and I get to pick up. The drop off is tough, but I KNOW that he's having a great time... it's crazy!

CAM said...

So funny about the 'no'. My daughter (14 mths) knows it, HATES it and usually ignores it :P I can't believe how willful and stubborn she is...what will happen in the teenage years?!

Sunny said...

Laughing at your title -- my husband and I used to debate who was smarter, our dog or our son. He's nearly two now, and we're pretty sure he's surpassed our Schnoodle.

It's a damn smart Schnoodle, though.

Heather said...

Wow! She is gorgeous! BTW, not sure if this will work on separation anxiety, but it worked for our daughter. We had her eat breakfast, a snack, whatever when we had to leave. She never cared we were leaving if she was eating. It made leaving her at day care in the morning much easier when she ate breakfast there.

Anabelle said...

hahaha douchetard.. love it... we never watched Barney.. cuz my hubs name is barney (His parents a f'd up) so needless to say he had some sensitivity issues with that one lol

Elmo however was a fave..and despite me never EVER wanting to throw an elmo bday party..alas... her 2nd bday party looked like Sesame street took a crap on our venue.

Kathy said...

Wow, are you looking in our windows? The no to dog bowls, Elmo, crazy dance moves and grand round of applause every time she stands for 3 seconds. Totally MY 10mo Lily!

Aunt Becky said...

I think we need to do a joint blog birthday party for our daughters. Because I met you JUST AS we both got pregnant with them. TOGETHER FOREVER.

Imagine us swaying together in a field of daisies. Or something.

Then imagine me bashing my head against a rock.

Devon said...

I am interested to see what the gastro says, since ours took one look at Nert, said "there's nothing wrong with her. that will be $50" and sent us on our way. yah it went down JUST like that. he didn't even bother getting her out of her carseat. just, blah.

Shandal said...

Happy 10 month to your adorable baby girl!

kimbosue said...

Everything she does is PRE-SHUS!

Holy crap - a birthday party?

calliope said...

sooooooooo cute!!!

clapping??? oh I will die when W does that.
xo

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious!

Stace said...

SHE.IS.ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrea said...

love the pictures of O!!

her and G would have an awesome playdate now, what with all the mobility and babytalk these days ;)

Heather said...

Those pictures are way too adorable. Cute kid!!

Dana said...

She's cruising???....and standing 3 seconds already???? OMG...
G just sits there.....bump on a log :) Oh yeah, and she can scoot on her tummy, but only backwards. It cracks me up. That's why she's becoming a big old pile of fat baby chub - she doesn't GO anywhere ahahahaha.

mom2anangel said...

I love your blog! Our girls sound so much alike. So cute!!