Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Little Pregnant

Do you read Julie's blog? A Little Pregnant is Julie's blog, and it is my favorite blog in the entire world. I'm not kidding.

I don't usually get caught up in Blog Awards/Voting.  I get sick of reading blogs that ask you to vote for them every day.  It's annoying and I don't like it.  But Julie is nominated for a RESOLVE award, and I happen to love both Julie and RESOLVE.  So this time I will make an exception.

(If you aren't familiar with RESOLVE, it is a non-profit dedicated to providing infertility support.)

I have a theory that Julie's is the first blog that everyone finds when the begin their infertility Google frantic search. Her blog was the first one I found, and I landed on a heartbreaking post about a miscarriage that was...funny. I mean, she was having a miscarriage and it was horrible, yes. But funny, too.  And insightful.

I read the entire blog after that, beginning to current.  I started reading in 2007, and I've been a huge fan ever since.  And if you read "big" blogs, you'll know what I mean when I say that I remember the first post I was brave enough to comment on.  It was a letter to Jennifer Lopez (read it here) and I could not click away from the post without telling Julie that she was the wind beneath my wings.  (My favorite part: "long have I found you most thoroughly fly.")

But anyway.  My point is this: Julie is nominated for an award that she deserves to win.  Other lovely bloggers are nominated, yes, but A Little Pregnant has never won an award.  It's time.  She has been nominated for the Team RESOLVE Choice Award for Best Blog.  Even if you don't read infertility blogs, take my word for it.  She should win!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE for Julie's blog, A Little Pregnant.  You don't have to sign up for an account or anything.  You only have to enter your email address for tracking purposes.

13 comments:

Aysha said...

That was the first blog about infertility I found too! Ended up reading all the archives-love it

Leah said...

She's how I got started too! I wonder if she knows that? Hmmm...

I too began reading and read her entire blog. I couldn't get enough. She is fantastic.

I will definitely vote for her. Thanks for giving her the shout out.

Katy said...

She was one of the first blogs I started reading... I agree, she deserves the win!

Anonymous said...

Totally popped my bloggy cherry with Julie; she was kind and gentle and still keeps in touch! What a lady.
She had a big fat vote from me!

Anonymous said...

Totally popped my bloggy cherry with Julie; she was kind and gentle and still keeps in touch! What a lady.
She had a big fat vote from me!

Anonymous said...

Doh. Only pressed it once, honest.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Julie was my first too. She's got some Google power, that's for sure. I can still remember being hunched over in the living room, reading her archives furiously. Off to vote!

Unknown said...

I love her, she's in my daily blog checklist, and I am all over this Resolve nomination. SHE BETTER WIN.

Sarah said...

Your blog was the first I found. You made me laugh my ass off!

Aromatherapy said...

Great content learnt.Its making me laugh too.

Carrie said...

Julie's blog is so great! I don't have the words to explain what it has meant to me over the last three years. A little Pregnant and your blog are the only two blogs I really follow. As much as infertility sucks....and sweet lord does it suck...it's a great comfort to know that there are smart, funny, sincere women like you and Julie out there creating a community for us to exsist in together.

Danielle said...

Julie's post on her mammogram with Play-doh sculptures is one of the funniest things I have ever read. I still send people to it whenever they ask what having a mammogram is like...

Oh, and I like your blog too... <3

Tubal Ligation Reversal said...

Hy nice ppl. Here I wanna give u people information about Tubal Ligation Reversal.
Tubal ligation is a broad term to encompass several techniques from placing clips on the fallopian tubes to cutting the tubes entirely in half. The most successful reversals are when the surgeon can simply remove the clips. Stitching the tubes back together is more difficult, but can still be very effective.
For more information
http://www.mybabydoc.com/