Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two.

Two has had some pretty major significance in our lives this past year.  Two embryos.  Two babies in my belly.  Two girls.  Two days of steroid shots.  Thirty two weeks.  Now, just two daughters instead of three. 

And now?  I have a TWO YEAR OLD!


Yay!  I'm two and got two thousand presents!
We had a pretty huge birthday party for Olivia last weekend.  There were 20 kids and 20+ adults, and we ran out of food but had plenty of fun. 

The Invitations

The Cake of My Wet Dreams

It tasted as good as it looked!

The Decorations
Yeah...I didn't really decorate.
The Birthday Girl

Party at the Step2 Store.
KID HEAVEN!
(Yep, that's me, bottom right.  Pretending to be the birthday girl, since she couldn't be bothered to stop and open gifts.)


Some of the guests!

Everyone was running around and having so much fun!
There were a bunch of kids who were blurs in every photograph, including Olivia!


At Age Two, Olivia is soooooo cute and funny.  She talks all.the.time. and definitely has some strong opinions about how things should go.  Today, she went to the pantry to get a snack and said, "Open now, pweeze."  And sometimes, when she wants something really bad, her please is so intense that she makes fists and her little face turns red while she says please. 

Also?  When she says juice?  It sounds like she's saying douche.  "Douche, Pweeze."
When she needs a diaper change, she makes a nasty face and says "poopy stinky."  And then when you're done changing her diaper, she says, "all done poopies." 

She knows the entire alphabet, and I'm not positive but I think she can count to 10. 

When we pull into the garage, she throws both hands in the air and screams "HOME!"  When you ask her if she wants something, instead of saying yes, she says sure.  But it sounds like shore.  Shoooore!



We've gone to so many parties lately that she has started to ask for cake on a regular basis.  When we had her cake on the counter the night before her birthday party, she kept pointing at it and saying, "party time now!"

Cupcakes are acceptable in lieu of actual cake.
Any words ending in "ing" are said ending in "in."  Stackin, dancin, comin, runnin.

She talks about her plans or what happened during the day.  I told her we were going to my friend Michelle's house, and she said to me, "Aidan, Addison, bounce house."  I'm like, OK then.  You've got your evening planned!

Pretty nice little Monday with her BFF Addison and her boyfriend Aidan.


Loves:
Stacking
The Alphabet
Mickey Mouse/Minnie Mouse
Special Agent OSO
Word World
Olivia Books
Baths
Tickles


Hates:
Sharing
Diaper Changes
Food that isn't carbs


Our new couch does this to her hair.

She hasn't met her (very teeny tiny) little sister yet, but we show her pictures every day.  At night, when we go to bed and it's "Stoy time" we read her a Big Sister book, and she loves it.  I'm sure she will love Ainsley. 

I'm going back to work this week, and I can't imagine how it will be when I can't see her all the time like I do now.  I will miss her silly ass. 

I feel like I should be able to describe her better and write something better for her to celebrate the second year of her life. Something that she might read some day and know that she was the brightest part of all my days.  And I feel guilty that my mind is so scattered from trying to just function that I can't pull something together. 

But I spend all my free moments with her, running and playing and laughing and just generally being madly in love with my little Olivia.  I think that will suffice.

--

Two Years Ago:  Olivia Audrey Knepper

28 comments:

Sara B said...

Olivia is pretty much the most adorable child I've ever seen. Really glad you had a great party - you all deserve it! Still thinking of you and Ainsley...

Anonymous said...

your girls = too cute, too precious for words. i've loved you blog for over a year now for its humor and zest for life - i was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer...had a hysterectomy = no preggos for me (i'm 25) but i have to tell you how much i'm still loving your blog...inspired me to start my own while coping with my diagnosis. we do what we can and make our families with what we've got! you're doing a great job! joyfully cheering you on...

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!

(I think she'll know how much she means to you. And that she's helping you get through these tough days.)

Paula Keller said...

That was the bestest post!!!!!

Her giggles are wonderful!

Two. So hard to believe. Seems like just yesterday you did the IVF. How fast time flies.

She is going to be one fantastic big sister. :)


Thinking of you all.

THE SARCASM GODDESS said...

Wow. I can't believe she's two! I've been reading for a long. I freaking love your blog. You are amazing. So happy Olivia had a great birthday. So happy Ainsley is well. Several of my friends follow your blog too. You have been in our thoughts and prayers...if that means anything to you. I guess just know you have touched people's lives and people you don't know are happy when you're happy and sad when you're sad. Happy birfday Olivia

Milla said...

I just woke up my baby cooing over your beautiful girl, Olivia is gorgeous and it's clear from those clips she is very happy and already knows how loved she is, she shines with it! Happy birthday to her. Can't believe you have to go back to work, you're doing amazingly to be having parties and blog writing if you ask me, let alone working, alongside looking out for Ainsley (who I hope is flourishing). Don't give yourself guilt, Olivia definitely has the love. I want to give her big hugs now, great clips. x

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Two years old is so much fun! They learn so much, and want so much, but can only cope with so much and just MELT DOWN sometimes (hopefully not too often at the shops), but you really feel for them cause they're managing their best.

Your girls are gorgeous! You're a good mum.

*~*Lis*~* said...

Two is an awesome age - they are cute and fun and even he freshness is still cute!

She's going to remember a great mom - you've got at least another year before they start telling you what you're doing wrong :)

Allison said...

Happy birthday to Olivia and to you, mommy!

stephanie said...

I think if she read this blog it would be very obvious to her how incredible she is, how much you love her, how amazing and almost literally life saving she has been for you.

Happy birthday, Olivia!!!

PS, the cake? HEAVEN.

ELC said...

Oh MY--she's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Olivia!!! She speaks so well, you are right to be proud. She's an awesome big sister already :)

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Olivia.

Krista said...

What an absolutely beautiful post, Jen. You described Olivia perfectly! She sounds WONDERFUL!!

Kelly said...

Happy birthday Olivia!

Rochelle said...

Happy birthday, Olivia! She is so cute! :)

Maya said...

Long time reader, first time commenter.
And this? "Something that she might read some day and know that she was the brightest part of all my days..."

I think she'll know, just from reading that line.
Beautiful post.

Thea said...

She is just the cutest thing! Happy Birthday Olivia! I can't wait to see what my little guy is going to be like at that age.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy birthday, Olivia!

Manos Flacas said...

I think you hit all the important points. It is clear that she is loved. And that is the coolest cake. Ever.

Food said...

Long-time reader of your site, de-lurking to say that your words and pictures say the best you could possibly say about your treasure Olivia. Based on what you say and the pictures you share, she is clearly blessed with your spirit, sense of humor and spunk -- all of which are why I love your blog and thank you for sharing. Happy Birthday to your amazing first girl!

Carol said...

one day olivia will be a mom herself and she will understand you and love you that much more for this post. she will see that being a mom and adoring her child is an emotion so strong that words just simply fail. Happy Birthday Olivia

Jenny Guttormson said...

Way to go Mom for making Please such a common word for Olivia! Birthday cake was super cute! And she is so adorable - that last video was great. I think there's no better sound than a child laughing!

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

I love this update--so wonderful! That tickle video had me grinning from ear to ear!

poppy.f.seed said...

what a lovely post about your dear Olivia, I love reading of all of her loves and words!

Bree said...

Did you purposely publish this on 2/22, as well? Olivia is darling. I'm so impressed that you were able to accomplish all of that with so much going on. You are an incredible mother.

sheilah said...

She's so freakin' adorable. You are a great mom.

Hugs to everyone and a special hug for the two little girls in your life.

Terralhill said...

Very well said, Jen. You are a great mom! It looks like her birthday was a blast!