Sunday, March 30, 2008

Killing Me Softly…With the Wand…

Today I had another check-up and I got some very much fabulous news:

Trigger is TONIGHT! Egg Retrieval is TUESDAY!

Am EXCITED – EXCLAMATION POINT!

My estrogen level was 2909, I had tons of big follies, and so now I'm done with stims and moving on to the next phase of this madness.

There were no run-ins with Teeny McShortarms today, as Dr. Goldfarb, himself, in the flesh, did my bloodwork and ultrasound. And you know what? He was a little rough with the wand during the ultrasound!

First of all, I'm fairly certain he didn't use much lube on the wand. Not cool. It hurt really bad going in.

Second, he gets the wand in, and starts flinging it around like a fairy princess! He goes, "Here's your left ovary, uterus, right ovary." Moving the wand to all three just as quickly as he was saying the words. So I'm all "Uh huh" but in my mind I'm all "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I know where they are GAWD OUCH!"

I forgave him when he said my uterine lining was beautiful and my estrogen level was fantastic. What can I say? He knows how to cut to the heart of me.

Another exciting thing is that my new friend Katie will be doing her trigger tonight and her ER Tuesday. So I'll have company in my 2 week wait misery! YAY KATIE!

I would love to bore entertain you with more pointless details, but I've got a TON of school work to do.

11 comments:

The Red Headed Mama said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!!

Io said...

Whooo! I'm sorry about the rough wand sex, but yay for getting those eggs ready to come out!

Morgan said...

Great news, Jen. Sorry you were molested by the wand, but the good numbers definitely make it worth your while.

Katie said...

I don't mind the shout out at all. Good luck with the trigger.

Do you realize our ER's are on April Fools Day? I can hear it now, "Congrats, Katie, you have x AWESOME follies. Yay! Go you!"

"April Fools!"

Good luck with trigs. I am going to put on a lab coat and some rec specs and mix the shit out of that stuff tonight. Good luck! Call with questions (cause I am such a pro... right :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like your progress is great! I'm excited for you and the next step!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! So happy for you ... about your trigger tonite! Not about the wand. Some men just don't know how to be "gentle"!

Mrs. Higrens said...

If he's going to be rough he could at least make time for a little foreplay first.

But really, very excited that things are progressing so quickly for you.

What can we do to make those 2 weeks go more quickly?

Malloryn said...

Yay, that is awesome news! I hope you get a basket full at the retrieval. Sorry to hear about the wand incident :P

C said...

Yay for the trigger and ER on Tuesday!:) Congrats:)

Boo to the wand experience...hate it, hate it, hate it....but....

Yay for the trigger and ER!

Soapchick said...

Best wishes for your ER tomorrow! Mine is next week.

casicola said...

Im am just like all the others..accept im MORE EXCITED. i dont know why, but i have decided I am. And I think the drs think we like to have it rough with the wand...but its not fun with lube and unstemmed muchless with no lube and fist/tootsie roll sixe overies. but good job on makeing so many/ And the wretched twoweekwait is not 2 weeks so I hear when you do IVF....some get the BFP 5 days after their.....hmmmmm