Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lupron shot, totally not a big deal.

Mini update:

Not a big deal at all - I couldn't even feel it. And the only negative was that my skin broke out for about 15 mins from the alcohol swab! I am a freak of nature and have super sensitive skin.

I didn't make Mark watch. He was going to sit with me while I did it but not watch. However, I got out of class early and felt like I was having a mini panic attack from waiting until 9 to do the shot. So while Mark was in the bathroom, I just thought, "Screw it," and I got my kit out and gave myself the shot without taking time to even think about it.

I'm glad it's over! Because now I know that it's really just fine and not a big deal.

I'm on Lupron until the 21st, at which point I go in for an ultrasound to make sure I'm menopausal enough, then hopefully start stims that day.

4 comments:

Io said...

Whoot! Good job!

Katie said...

Yay! Good to know that they aren't bad! We got our shot "lesson" today...

My day/consult wasn't great... my blog goes into the self-pitying details. But I am glad to be on my way.

Paula Keller said...

Yea, that's how I was. I was kinda freaked out about it, until I did it. The needle is so small.

You'll be a Lupron junkie in no time! :)

the Babychaser: said...

One of my coworkers who did the Lupron thing (not part of my protocol, so I have no firsthand knowledge) told me that it made her seem like she was on crack. She didn't really notice it, but some of her friends--who didn't know she was doing IVF at the time--had thought she was "on something".

I'm always convinced someone's going to notice my track marks on my arms and think I'm a junkie.