Thursday, January 14, 2010

Copious Amounts of Cute

Mah baybee is eleven months old.

Let's not blow smoke.  The past month was quite literally half sweet and half shit.  And I think if Olivia was old enough to toss around obscenities talk, she would wholeheartedly agree. 

The Shit:
Flu and Virus in one month.  Well goo goo ga ga (translation: that blows a big fat fattie).

Seizures.  Emergency Room.  Allergy to Antibiotic.  Enough said.

No!  Sleep!  For Anyone!  First, being sick.  We spent a lot of time together sleeping in her glider.  And by sleeping, I mean not sleeping at all even a little bit OH MY GOD.  And now the night waking has become a fun habit, two or three times a night.  And this problem could be solved if I could find a place to purchase a keg of beer.

It sucks that I had to use three vacation days while Olivia was sick.  Not that I really mind - I can't stand the thought of someone else comforting her when she is ill.  There wasn't a second that I considered leaving her.  I feel bad, though, that we will miss another three days that I won't get to spend acting like a moron to make her laugh.

Today, I wore a dress that ties in the back.  I realized, as I sat down on the toilet in the work bathroom stall, that the ends of the ties hung down far enough to dip into the toilet.  Luckily, I realized before I started to pee.  However (and we all know that there is a however), in my panic of Oh Shiz, Part of Mah Clothes Be In Da Toilet?  I whipped them out of the toilet.  And flung toilet water the entire way around the stall.  And on my face.  And in my hair.  It has nothing to do with Olivia, but it falls in the Shit category.

The Sweet:

Christmas.  New Years.  Ridiculous amounts of cute.  Copious, even.

Took some steps.  Climbed some stairs.  Further proof that she is small and mighty and will someday rule your world mwahahahahaha!

Despite the Sick of the Century, Olivia gained a pound.  A POUND!  A glorious gob of baybee fat.  Enough chub to jump back onto her growth curve.  Granted, she's 16.6 pounds at 11 months and 5th percentile and for all intents and purposes a preshus little peanut - but she's gaining weight and that makes me SQUEE! 

She loves for us to chase her.  And tickle her.  And nibble her fingers and toes.  She begs for food.  She interrupts conversations with loud noises to direct the attention in the proper direction (toward her).  She is dramatic, hates to be told no, you can't eat that dog food and choke.  Sorry.

Ever since she was sick, she's been really attached to me.  All about mommy.  Clinging to me, laughing at me, laying her head on me, showing me her toys.  More than normal. I secretly like the night waking.  I like to cuddle her and rock her to sleep and put her back.  Even though I'm probably making it worse, I don't care.

It's just really hard to be in a bad mood when Olivia is around.


20 comments:

Patty said...

My 17 month old is at the stage where he wants EVERYTHING (yogurt, cheese, milk, etc), and as soon as you open it and give it to him, he doesn't want it anymore, he wants something else. Tons of frustration, but then he gives you that insanely cute smile, and you just can't help but to grin. It's an instant mood enhancer.

And re: your 3 days off... mine has his third viral infection in three months. Each time he's been out sick for 4 days of the work week. This week, I ended up having to take a whole week off without pay due to no accrued leave left. So I feel your pain, it sucks. But like you said, I also would rather be home cuddling my sick little toddler, hard to concentrate on anything else when your little one is sick.

Anonymous said...

Are you this funny in real life?

jenicini said...

Sweet and Sour! :)

Emily said...

I love those Christmas jammie pics of her. Sqeee! (Because I love that too).

Glad she's feeling better and is gaining weight.

Babe_chilla said...

Happy to hear about the poundage...not so much about the toilet water :D

Anonymous said...

Aw - she sounds like a perfect blessing. I'm glad the month ended on a high note though!

Unknown said...

Amen on secretly (or not so secretly) loving night wakings. It is special baby/mommy time. Oh, and LMAO about the toilet water!

kimbosue said...

So glad that skinny ass is finally packing on some poundage..or can I not say poundAGE since it is only 1?

Glad the shit period is over.

LMAO with the toilet water sprinkler!

areyoukiddingme said...

Hope you've got that 1st birthday party planned!

Congratulations, Olivia, on gaining a pound - even when you were sick. You keep packing those little fat rolls on!

Good Egg Hatched said...

Just too cute! You two are peas in a pod. I have dipped shirt ties into the toilet too many times to report, btw. The only maternity tops that fit me well tied in the back and there are already so many things to worry about (is my belly hanging out? Is my pants panel up high enough?) that I would totally space on the ties and they'd end up in the toilet. Not fun.

Aunt Becky said...

Kids are pretty awesome at making you not full of crabbiness. Except when they're pooing on stuff. Then I get VERY crabby. Damn kids.

andrea said...

The shit, sucks. stay away.
And, um, I have totally had the "dip the ties in the toilet" problem...except i didn't notice before i peed... ya.

the sweet: G wakes up 4298 at night since she has been sick (ok, and before) and i love when she snuggles me. she is snuggler by nature, which is so cute. and a pound?! that is awesome!!

Bethany said...

So glad you made it through the tough times and I'm sooo happy for you and Olivia! Isn't being a Mom the best thing in the world?!? Unbelievable! And I always secretly liked the night waking and loved that Mommy rocked the world.

"took some steps"...Did I miss the "SQUEE! MAH BAYBEE IS WALKING!!!!" post somehow???

Parsing Nonsense said...

Congrats on the weight gain! I don't blame you for secretly enjoying that she's all about her mommy, it's nice to be needed sometimes.

KandiB said...

I'm jealous that you caught the ends of the ties BEFORE peeing. That's talent. I always figure it out after I've gone and flushed, and walked out of the stall. Mmmmmm....pee/poo on my clothing. Awesome.

Shandal said...

How funny! My daughter just turned 10 months on the 14th, I wrote a similar post. We both have sweet little stinkers. hehe

http://shandalslifein3d.blogspot.com/

Eve and Milo's Mom said...

Yay for the weight gain. My daughter had a similar struggle but she was below the 3rd precent and weighed 13 lbs at 12 months. She was 7lbs at birth but at 6 months dropped off the charts. She is almost 5 now and is finally back on the weight charts at 10%. I just try to remember that those are just averages and someone has to be on the bottom.

Shila said...

Since Layla has been sick she has been waking up a million times a night too! It is making me crazy but what do you do? I can't let her cry....I guess I just hope that she goes back to sleeping good soon. I hope Olivia starts sleeping too! And WTG Olivia for gaining a pound! You rock little peanut!

Shila said...

Since Layla has been sick she has been waking up a million times a night too! It is making me crazy but what do you do? I can't let her cry....I guess I just hope that she goes back to sleeping good soon. I hope Olivia starts sleeping too! And WTG Olivia for gaining a pound! You rock little peanut!

KristenWiley said...

I totally forgot that I had a blog for like 3 months, but I am back now and catching up on everything. Miss O is too cute. Hooray for copious amounts of cute!!!