Thursday, January 19, 2012

January Resolution Recipe #1: Crispy Cheddar Chicken

Recipe #1 for the year was a success, so if I fail at all of my other resolutions (probable) then I can still be all smug. Yeah, well I made that recipe on January 17 and it was good to suck on that 2012!

Here is the recipe, which I got from this blog.  I took a picture of mine but it looks gross so click over and take a look at her picture.

Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Time: 15 minute prep + 35 minutes baking
Yield: 7 servings

Chicken:

4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 C milk
3 C cheddar cheese, grated

Cut each chicken breast into three large chunks.
Grind Ritz Crackers in a food processor.  Stir in salt and pepper.
Put the milk, cheese, and crackers into three separate containers.
Dip chicken in milk, then cheese, then cracker crumbs.
Bake for 35 minutes at 400 degrees in 9x13 pan (use cooking spray), covered with foil.
Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until edges are brown and crispy.


Sauce:
1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 T sour cream
2 T butter
1 t dried parsley
In medium sauce pan, combine soup, sour cream, and butter with a whisk over medium high heat until combined and heated through.  Serve over the chicken (I put it over rice, too!), sprinkle with parsley.
 
We loved this!  It is being added to the regular rotation!   Pinterest is insane with all of the delicious recipes.  And by insane I mean Making Me Chubby.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Man alive that sound amazing. AND, I've coated chicken in just about everything.........My favorite chicken coating? Frosted Flakes!!! Dip the chicken in butter (real butter!!) Then coat the chicken in frosted flakes that you have put in the food processor so they are all smallish like bread crumbs. Makes the house smell like a sweet bakery.

CJ said...

WHAT THE HECK???!!!! Is going on?

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yum! Matt would love this. I will have to add it to the rotation.

Candice said...

I caught this post just in time and made this for dinner tonight. It was delish! Only I didn't use the sauce. I made mine with a side of pasta and marinara sauce. We also had sauteed spinach. YUM!

lucyinthesky said...

I overheard Pinterest described to someone as "Fantasy football for women." I prefer to think of it as crack, but without the expense and dental damage. The chicken enchilada recipe floating around on there is to die for- check it out. :0)

Jamie Cooks It Up! said...

So glad you liked it! Thanks so much for sharing my site with your readers. Have a good one!
~Jamie

Reese said...

I pinned this on pinterest as well, but haven't tried the recipe out yet. Looks delicious. This lady's blog is full of great recipes too. Good to know it is worth a try!

Emily said...

This sounds really good (and easy)! Thanks!

Rebekah said...

I tried a recipe similar to this with rice krispies instead of Ritz crackers, but I think the buttery crackers would make it better. My recipe didn't have a sauce either. I feel totally gypped. It looks sooooo good!

Heather said...

Hi! Please email me, I have a question for you! :)

HeatherVonsj (at) gmail (dot) com