Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Griswold Friend Christmas

It has been a busy week or so and I feel like I've been running around like crazy.  The good kind of crazy, which makes me feel useful.  It does not leave much time for blogging.  So it is a picture post again, but at least the pictures make us look pretty much ridiculous.

Our friends host an annual Christmas party, and last year was the first year for dressing up.  Ugly sweater party.  Which was really fun.  This year we dressed up like characters from Christmas Vacation, which was perfect because the movie is always playing at the party and everyone throws out random quotes from the movie throughout the night. 

(Except for me, because I am apparently the only person in the whole world who is not crazy about Christmas Vacation.  I know, it is unAmerican of me.)

Eddie, The Shitter Was Full
Audrey, Bored at Christmas
(Eddie Inspiration)
(Audrey Inspiration)
This was a fun party!  I was already thinking it would be hard to come up with a theme that would top this one.  Here is a picture of everyone:

"And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down the chimney tonight,
he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes
this side of the
nuthouse."
(Group Inspiration)
One week until Christmas, you guys!  I hope you are ready!  I kind of am but I am sure it will all work out.

13 comments:

nbjenni said...

Holyshitballs - this is the most amazing thing I've EVER seen.

Robin said...

I love this picture. Everyone looks great.

Mama B said...

OMG, that picture of everyone is hilarious! You and your husband, looking just like Eddie!, the mom holding Clark's 'stuff' in the front, the couple in the back with the silver jumpsuits....LOVE!

Jen said...

This is the greatest thing EVER!

Jo-Anne said...

That's so awesome! Love it! =)

Anonymous said...

best party theme, evah!

L said...

Amazing!!! Best movie ever...well, that and A Christmas Story. OH, next year you all should dress up as characters from a Christmas Story!!!! I expect an equal level of awesomeness as this year's party.

:)

Casey Ray said...

Just chiming in as another person who does NOT like Christmas Vacation! I'd never seen it until a friend insisted I watch it last year at 27 - I was horrified! Maybe I was expecting a little more charm and a little less . . . um. . . yeah. I have never told anyone but the friend who made me watch it how much I hate it - glad I'm not the only one either! Adorable pic, though :)

Carrie said...

Chiming in, too. I hate that movie.

Lisa said...

That's awesome! I need to throw this party! I love how perfectly they captured the a-hole neighbors.

Unknown said...

Don't worry, you're not alone. It's my husband's favorite movie and I think unless you grew up with it, watched it as a child when it was actually humorous, it's just not funny. It's frustratingly obnoxious.

~*Amanda~* said...

Freaking. Awesome. I want an invite to that party!!!!!!

I'd be Aunt Bethany :0

mrscara said...

Where did they get the todd and margo silver suits???