Thursday, December 13, 2012

Studio Pictures

I always think I'm going to hate studio pictures but for some reason I always end up doing them.  Because I started doing them for Olivia, and now I want to have similar pictures for Adelle.  The props and backgrounds can get pretty ridiculous but I usually don't order the cheesy ones.  Except when I do order the cheesy ones because I love hypocrisy.

But then I get the pictures and I don't end up hating them.  At all.  I end up buying way too many of them.


Even the ones where they cut off half of my kid's body.

Given an unlimited budget, I would hire a photographer every time.  I like the more casual and natural result of having someone follow my family for an hour to capture real expressions.  Although, I'm not sure how "natural" it actually is.  Because we don't often coordinate outfits and frolic in the park for an hour.  "Natural" would be bed head, jammies, breakfast crumbs around our mouths.






















These were supposed to be Adelle's six month pictures, but Olivia was cooperating.  Which never happens.  She hates to be photographed.  Adelle smiles at anything so she is easy, but Olivia has to be coaxed and fooled and encouraged to yell POOP and DADDY HAS STINKY FEET in order to get a decent smile.  Mom of The Year, every single day.




 I was tempted to bring the stupid 6 Month sticker with me but I figured that was lazy.  I hate those stupid monthly stickers.  Now that Adelle is huge and sitty and rolly, and put everything in her mouthy, they are impossible.  Plus they are allllll the way upstairs and I am too lazy to get them when there is a good photo opportunity.  Mother of the Year.  Every single day.

11 comments:

Caz said...

Beautiful shots Jen. I must say that Olivia is your double and Adelle is Marks. Stunning.

Unknown said...

Love!!! Beautiful!!

Inara Jones said...

Love Adelle's beautiful smile! Your girls are gorgeous. :)

Meredith said...

I see a lot of Ainsley in Adelle, I think it's the eyes. Beautiful shots.

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I wish it was acceptable to put hair accessories on my son, I just swoon over head bands and bows!

Emily said...

adorable

Anonymous said...

Seriously. Most adorable girls ever.

Wendy said...

I will come over anytime, and do "lifestyle" pics for you. You don't have to get dressed, bed head is good. I *love* lifestyle.

JP said...

These are GREAT pics!

Leah Scott said...

You have such cute kids!!

JoJo said...

I love the shots!