Saturday, June 2, 2012

And by Sophia, I mean Snooki

It seems as though Adelle Sophia has been born with a natural affinity for tanning.  Or, you would think so given the yellow-Jersey-Shoreness of her jaundice skin and her need for 4 days of light therapy.


There's no room to fist pump in here.

I can handle a little jaundice, though.  She's just hanging out in the regular nursery under the lights until her bilirubin level decides to behave.  She's close.  And hey, after 500+ days in a hospital?  What's an extra 5 days or so?

Rookie level stuff, right here.  She's in the nursery all of the time, except when she is ready to eat.  They put her on a bili blanket and bring her to us for a half hour so we can feed her.  A little glow worm.



Don't worry, I know newborns don't smile.
I am sure she is taking a massive dump.
 Olivia did get to meet her sister before she had to go to the nursery for her luxury sunbathing spa week.  She did a great job being gentle and holding her.  And then after a few minutes she said, "I think I'm done" and then ran off to watch Netflix on our iPhones. 


She insisted on seeing her feet.

The lights seem to be working pretty well.  Her level needs to be below 10 and it is stuck at 12.  She is close!  You can see the difference in skin color when you look at the place where they cover her eyes.

Like a little jaundice Zorro.
Things are surprisingly chill this time around.  I didn't have any blood pressure issues or preeclampsia.  My c-section was uneventful except when I almost passed out getting the IV because I am such a freaking wuss about getting IVs.  We had the same labor and delivery nurse who delivered Olivia three years ago.

Adelle came out screaming her freaking head off, which was reassuring.  Our favorite neonatologist was on service in the special care nursery at my hospital and came for the delivery.  She assured me that everything was perfect. 


Hey, y'all.
Also, there's my guts right there!
My OB hugged me while I was still strapped down and couldn't see what was going on and told me that, indeed, everything was perfect.  "We are good.  We are good.  We are good."  That's exactly what he said.  It was hard to believe but then over came Mark with a perfect little meatball and I couldn't argue.  We were good.


Adelle is all FEED ME YOU IDIOTS!
My hospital stay has been pretty boring with no baby to take care of and no medical drama to woe about.   We also got to see the nurse who took care of us in perinatal on the night that Evelyn died and Ainsley was born.  I was surprised that she remembered us. 

So anyway, I am still in the hospital with Adelle.  But everything is fine and while I'm ready to go home and I just so freaking glad that everything is...boring.

55 comments:

Acia said...

Okay, so this is weird - I just had my 2nd daughter a few weeks ago, and the first thing my almost-3-year-old said was, "Can I see her feet?" And then she proceeded to swoon over the teeny-tininess of them. What's with the foot fetish?

Allison said...

My 2.5 year old daughter is obsessed with my one month old's feet, too. WTF?

And he was in the blue light some and I totally know what you mean about the yellow where the mask has been. Although it sounds like both you and Adelle are far more laid-back about the blue light special (as we called it in our house) than my little man and I were.

Sunny said...

Congratulations!! She is fabulous!! I laughed out loud at the "I'm sure she's taking a massive dump" caption. My littlest is 3 weeks old, and yes, I do look forward to his massive dumps so I can get a preview of his smile!

Liz said...

Happy that you're having a nice boring stay at the hospital!

Mrs. Higrens said...

Boring is so refreshing, isn't it?

Congratulations again to you and yours!!!

Wendy said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful and I love her name - it's just as beautiful as she is!

Unknown said...

Boring is EXCELLENT. She looks fabulous, jaundice mask and all. Kickin' ass and takin' names and all that. Also, best name ever.

squirrellymom said...

What a gorgeous girl! Congrats to you guys!

and how are those tiny bodies able to make so much poop?

Deanna said...

Congrats again. She looks a lot like Ainsley!

kharris said...

Yay boring! We like it. Congratulations again...here's to healing and living and ...all that. So very happy for all of you!

Rachael said...

She's adorable! And I don't buy into the whole "newborns don't smile" thing--that looks like an enormous smile to me!

areyoukiddingme said...

I am sure you are absolutely unforgettable...

She's not even trying to worry you, is she? Good for her - who needs anything more than a little jaundice?

Beautiful girls...

CurlyGirly said...

Boring sounds amazing. Happy for you!

Jacky said...

I am so glad that its boring!! And that you will be home soon. Hugs and Mazel Tov!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Boring is the best. :) I love all the pictures, particularly the one with Olivia.

User Not Found said...

She's beautiful, even all Zorro-like! And love the pic of Olivia & Adelle.

Anonymous said...

Holy hell that baby looks like Olivia! By which, of course, I mean she gorgeous! So glad things are so boring :)

Joanna @ BabyGatorsDen.com said...

Boring is good, congrats to you all!! xo

Courtney said...

So glad to hear from you, and so, so, SO glad that things are perfectly boring! Adelle is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!

Michele said...

Jaundice? Sweetie-pie, sugar-cheeks baby please. You may be new to drama but your parents are not. And besides, all the best babies spend a week under the bili lights before coming home - I know mine sure did! Now make with the poop so that your bili can drop below 10, please and thank you! :)

Anne said...

Yay for boring. I didn't nearly have the same amount of issues as you had, but my first was rushed to the NICU moments after birth. My second baby, boring, textbook delivery. And wow, how I love boring.
And she is just so so so cute. Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Adelle is so cute! And such a good girl already -- I remember my son had to be on the bili blanket instead of the lights because he kept ripping his goggles off.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations!!

Delenn said...

It is so nice that you have such caring nurses and doctors there. And yay for boring!

Congratulations on such a beautiful little girl!

Unknown said...

so glad things seem to be going smooth so far! Hope those bili levels go down soon so you can all go home and chill together..

Barbara Jean said...

YAY for boring!!!!!! You guys deserve every second of boring you can get. Wishing you all a very boring life together!! :)

Redrockcity said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

Krystle said...

She's gorgeous and I couldn't be more happy for you than if she was my own. I can't imagine the feeling of relief you must have right now. Get your tan on, Adelle!

Mo said...

Yay for boring, rookie, normal stuff!! Yeah for Adelle!! So happy for you guys!

Mo

Kate said...

10 is low; they let us go home when it was under 14 (and didn't make us come back in when it rebounded almost to 18). I'm sure it will be down soon though and you can go home :)

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous.

Becky said...

Sometimes boring is completely fabulous!

Terralhill said...

I couldn't be happier for you guys!!!!

eeny meeny said...

Congratulations is too small a word. Sending you happiness and peace.

laurieb145 said...

I couldn't be happier that things are "boring".. What a beauty she is! Congratulations to your amazing family!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for boring!!

Losh said...

Boring is amazing! Love that last picture - the huge smile on your face and the huge smile in Mark's eys warm my heart as much as the huge yell face of Adelle's! Hope you all get home soon.

Kristin said...

Boring is GREAT! Congrats again to you all.
Adelle is just beautiful. <3

Strawberry said...

Congratulations. After everything, you so deserve GOOD and BORING.

Olivia Grace said...

She is absolutely beautiful, what a little angel!! You deserve some boring time, mama!!

Stacey said...

She is gorgeous and she looks just like you!!!! I'm glad to hear that everything is uneventfully normal.

BrandiH said...

So happy to hear everything is boring! She is beautiful!

Jen said...

I'm thinking this baby wouldn't be a true Knepper if there wasn't SOME drama. Just so glad it's minimal!!

Congratulations - she is beautiful!

Bree said...

When my 2nd was born, my 3 year old also asked to see her feet. Hmmm, do we all talk about feet a lot when we're pregnant? She still remembers, at age 5, that we wouldn't let her because her sister was swaddled. Funny what makes an impression.

Congrats on boring!

Momma Kelli said...

Yay for boring time! She is beautiful. Congrats to your family.

Heather said...

Beautiful baby! All mine needed the billi-lights too. Can't wait to hear everyone is home and happy!

Alb Mom said...

I love boring. :-)

kerry said...

A belated congratulations on Adelle's arrival! I'm a long-ish time reader and am so happy to hear everything has been basically boring for you this hospital stay. You more than deserve it. Also, I just wanted to express my condolences on Ainsley's passing. I loved reading your posts about her and seeing her pictures; she was a beautiful girl, sister and daughter and so loved.

Jennjilla said...

Congrats on your sweet Adelle - she is a doll baby! I just caught up on things, and I'm so sorry that her big sister passed away. I love all the fun Ainsley videos! She was such a ray of light, and the cutest chubby bunny ever!

lltanderson said...

love the picture of olivia checkin' out adele's toes. you two make seriously beautiful girls :-) i hope your wee girlie gets off the lights and gets a little more "boring" ASAP.

Milla said...

Hurrah! It is great to hear that all is well and Adelle and you are doing fine. It's also lovely to see that first shot. She is beautiful and has the lovely little Knepper girl thing with the bright smiley face and big cheeks going on. Congratulations all.x

Lindsey said...

Yay! Congratulations!! I hope you're all home now enjoying each other. (And all the pooping, eating, and sleeping!) You're a superhero, seriously.

Arcadia said...

She's absolutely beautiful, and I love her name!

WannabeMommy said...

Congratulations!! Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl!