Sunday, June 24, 2012

Call me maybe.

I started making a playlist for Olivia because she now has an opinion on songs, and also because she repeats everything and so Pandora and all its sweary swear words is no good for her anymore. 

Did you know that the new Maroon 5 song has an explicit version that says shit and fuck?  You didn't?  Me either.   Now I do and so does Olivia and she hasn't said either word yet but I'm sure it will be at a really convenient time like in the middle of a wedding ceremony or maybe in front of all of her friends.

Anyway, she really likes that Carly Rae Jepsen song, Call Me Maybe.  Which I downloaded and added to her playlist. 

The problem is that someone brought this video to my attention and now this is how I sing the song in my head:




And now you will too, I bet. You are welcome.

(Seriously, there are a bunch of these!)

13 comments:

Devon said...

Thank you for this. I am now losing it. Thank you, thank you.

Wendy said...

LOL -- too funny!

Zoe is starting to repeat everything too...I love the idea of the playlist!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!

Baby Mama said...

After constantly whining in the car that my music is too loud, my daughter asked me to turn up this song today. We were rockin' with the windows down. I still think it'll be a few years until she appreciates this, though.

Tiffany said...

So funny!! I am 36 weeks preggo and very cranky. I yelled at another driver the other day and my two year old repeated in the back seat "GO fucker!!" Oops.

Kahla said...

That was just wrong!

Molly said...

When I was little I thought "fuckitdamnit" was what you said when you dropped something... My parents had to put the kibosh on that REAL fast!

Unknown said...

My daughter (also 3) loves that song too!!! LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I HATE this song...but think this video is hilarious. Thanks!

Rachael said...

You should check out John McCain gets BarackRolled :)

Mary said...

My current favorite song on the kiddie mix is "Wear Clean Drawers" by The Coup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPMmsUICHNE

Maggie said...

There's a setting on Pandora to not play songs with explicit lyrics. You may have to access Pandora via your computer to see that setting. Then you don't have to spend time making play lists!

Christina said...

I tried using the Disney Movies as a Pandora station and still got a song with a cuss word.

Annika says "oh shit" when she drops something. She repeats everything too!