Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dove Product Review and Sweepstakes


This review could not have come at a better time for me!  You all know that I've recently become a Lady of Leisure and that I'm looking for ways to make room in the budget.  One of my guilty pleasures is buying obscenenly expensive hair products. 

Gloss drops, heat protectant, mousse, hairspray.  And always, always: conditioner.  I am a pro at justifying the purchase of a $25 bottle of conditioner.  It comes with a 1 ounce free sample!  I had a bad week!  Maybe if my hair is spendy and shiny my ass will look less fat!

(That trick?  The less fat trick?  Doesn't work.)

I've been trying to find more affordable alternatives to my favorite spendy products.  I've found heat protectant spray, moisturizer, foundation, and eyeshadow.  I'm still stuck on shampoo, conditioner, and mousse/root spray.

So I was really glad to receive a bottle of Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner to try out and review.  I mean, affordable products can become really expensive when you try a bunch before you find a good one.  And I like to rotate hair products so I need at least two or three products on the winner list.

This Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner?  Is a winner.

Let me start off with the only slight negative about this conditioner: the smell.  It isn't horrible but it isn't my favorite, either.  I like a fresh, clean smell to my hair products and this product has a very slight perfume scent out of the bottle.  However, the perfume scent was gone after I dried my hair and I was very happy with the fresh scent after that.

Otherwise, I love it! 

I don't have thick hair, but I have quite a bit of it.  So conditioner is tricky for me because my hair can easily become weighed down and greasy-looking.  At the same time, my hair has been colored and damaged and I always blow dry and flat iron.  I need a conditioner that can counteract the damage without making me look like a greaser.

A little bit goes a long way because the conditioner is pretty thick.  My hair falls just below my shoulder, and a tiny bit of this conditioner left my hair looking shiny and feeling light.  I've used and 4 times since I received it and it have been so happy with my hair every time.  Which is fantastic considering the temperature here has been two degrees short of hades.

I will definitely add this conditioner to the rotation!  It left my hair feeling smooth, looking shiny and healthy, and smelling fresh.

Now for the fun part - Enter to win a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate!  All you have to do is answer the following question: What would you do with a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate?

(Please note: you are welcome to comment on this post, but to enter the sweepstakes you have to follow the link below!)

Here are the rules and ways to enter:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.

You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:

a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt

b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.

c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.

This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.

The Official Rules are available here.

This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2012 - 9/30/2012

Be sure to visit Dove®Hair.com to get a coupon for $1.50 off Dove Hair Therapy products.

8 comments:

Kara said...

I know we don't need to comment for an entry, but I would like to say that for the $1000 Spa Finder Gift Certificate, I would treat the wedding party I'm going to be in to a spa day the morning of the wedding (October 7th)!

And good conditioner is extremely important, yo. Especially since not only has it been as hot as Hades, but has also been at 90% humidity, UGH.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I love it when I find a product that works for me!

pyjammy pam said...

funny, in my review i said i liked the smell. :D

Jen said...

The smell definitely isn't horrible! But I wouldn't have purchased it if I smelled it at the store. It smells different after my hair dries.

Lisa said...

Your hair sounds like mine! Mine is dryish so I need conditioner, but then gets greasy in a hurry if I don't wash the next morning. I'll have to check out the Dove conditioner.

I would love to win a spafinder gift certificate. What would I do with it? Hmm... massages, facials, the sky's the limit, really!

Amanda said...

Being a lady of luxury myself, I was looking for cheaper makeup last year and discovered ELF. You can find a small selection at target, but there is a ton on their website. It's dirt cheap and not too bad. And you can almost always use a code to get 50% off (save50) or free shipping. You should check it out.

B's Mom said...

I'm someone who has seriously dry hair, and I also turn into a grease ball if I don't wash everyday. I use the Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo and Conditioner and I swear to you my hair is like heaven when I use this. I temporarily went back to a much more expensive salon brand, and I regret it. My hair is not nearly as shiny and soft as it is when I use the Dove oil shampoo.

Rebecca said...

Hi there! I do use Dove unscented soap (when I use soap) and love it!

I wanted to suggest that vinegar, baking soda, olive oil, lemon juice, and coconut oil can do a multitude of awesome things around the house and in your shower for pennies per use. Bonus for being nontoxic. Lots of info on the Google and the YouTube.
:)