Thursday, September 6, 2012

Elmo Daze


Seriously...what is it about Elmo?  I don't know if I can say that all kids love Elmo but it is pretty safe to say that most of them do.  Right?  He's like big red furry kid crack.

(Does that sound like I'm referring to butt crack?  I'm not.  Just so you know.  I am not against talking about butt crack but in this particular instance I am not, in fact, talking about butt crack.)

We haven't watched any Elmo for a really long time.  The last Elmo encounter we had was with the Elmo Tickle Hands which...good god, man, that tickle song could get stuck in my head for weeks.  I was glad when those things ran out of batteries and I could pretend that boo hoo, they were broken, sorry about your rotten luck Olivia. 

(And by rotten luck, I mean having parents who lie about your obnoxious toys being broken when really all they need is batteries.  We love our sanity more than we love your enjoyment of obnoxious toys.)

But for some reason we had Elmo on and everyone in the house was in some sort of weird Elmo daze.  I can't remember what I was trying to ask Olivia but I said her name about 14 times with no response when I was tempted to take a picture.

Ellllllmmmmmooooo.....I am here to serve you.....
(Seriously they should embed secret messages in these shows.
Like, eat your effing vegetables or something else useful.)
Adelle was on my lap being awfully quiet.  I looked down at her and realized that she, too, was mesmerized by the antics of this big red furry street boss.


Elmo loves his gold fish, his crayon too!
* drool *
The most ridiculous part is that...I like Elmo.  Every time he asks the question of the day and then at the end he asks a baby?  I'm all, "that red furry sumbitch is asking a baybee!  The hilarity!"  I tried to take a picture of myself but something kept going wrong - some giant person with 3 chins was appearing in the photo instead of me?  Maybe my phone is broken, I don't know.  I need to get it looked at I guess.

14 comments:

BrandiH said...

I'm totally jealous that Olivia doesn't understand batteries! Lillian gets it, knows where to find the opening on the toys and freaks out when it's a toy I can't replace them on!

Meghan1009 said...

Not only did I laugh until I cried at this post, I did it twice as I read it to my husband. We have Elmo daze at our house too :)

SherilinR said...

have you seen elmo doing "i'm sexy and i know it" but less offensive. so funny!

Erica said...

I too do the whole "oh no! The batteries ran out and not its broken!!"... Now the boys ask if I can buy more batteries for said toy! LOL!!! My boys are not too much into Elmo but there are 3 or 4 shows on Nick Jr. that catch their attention long enough for me to get 24 minute breaks :)

Annegirrl said...

We have "M"Elmo in our house and god help if I'm not planning a "M"Elmo themed party for her 2nd birthday.

Dora said...

I'll take Elmo over the other obnoxious characters out there any day. If you ask my daughter (2y9m) what's mommy's favorite part of Elmo's World is, she'll tell you, "ASK A BABY!" :-)

Me said...

Read this if you get a sec. It cracked me up (not that that's hard or anything,I am watching flippin' Spongebob all day so my brain is much) www.teenspot.com/boards/showthread.php?682982

Cindy said...

Thank you for making me not feel so guilty about the obnoxious toy thing. And my kiddo has fallen for Elmo too. He gets ticked when Sesame Street is on and it's not Elmo.

The Red Headed Mama said...

I can't tell you how many times I've watched Elmo in Grouchland. I also will not admit to the number of times the child watching has fallen asleep and I have finished the movie by myself. That would just be embarrassing.

april said...

hilarious post, and I cannot believe how much Adelle looks exactly like Olivia! So cute :)

Paula Keller said...

Yes, but doesn't Mr. Noodles creep you out?

Anonymous said...

1) Elmo is definitely kid crack. Graham would sell me to the devil if Elmo told him to. We are, in fact, watching Elmo right now. Also? Elmo Goes to the Doctor = most obnoxious video ever, but also cured the boy of his fear of doctors.

2) You have a big Olivia and a little Olivia! So cute :)

3) She doesn't know about batteries? and where the batter compartment is? and that Daddy's screwdriver will fix it? You're a lucky bitch.

4) Your phone is definitely broken.

Joelle said...

I just became mesmerized by the pics of Ainsley in the background.

Elmo is huge here, 18 mo old twin girls...everything is "MO!"

CurlyGirly said...

The baby at the end is the best part of Elmo's World. Love the photos on your wall, btw. <3Ainsley<3