Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The CDC Prepares Us for the Zombie Apocalypse

I'm sure you'd all be very surprised to hear that it is 8:45 p.m. and I still don't have a mind-blowing topic to write about today.

I'm sitting here streaming Walking Dead on Netflix and just generally vegging out with my computer open to Blogger.  So then I'm all, "maybe I'll Google zombie apocalypse" because that seems like a really fantastic way to come up with blogging ideas.

Turns out, some bored clever person at the CDC turned an article about emergency preparation into an article on preparing for a zombie apocalypse.  It's probably the most hilarious CDC article that you'll ever read.

"Plan your evacuation route. When zombies are hungry they won’t stop until they get food (i.e., brains), which means you need to get out of town fast! Plan where you would go and multiple routes you would take ahead of time so that the flesh eaters don’t have a chance! This is also helpful when natural disasters strike and you have to take shelter fast."




This is not a zombie.
This is me before my morning coffee.
I will start my Zombie Apocalypse Official Preparedness List tomorrow, but I know right off the bat that I need to stock up on a shit ton of Nutella. 

I'd tell you that I'll have something better to write about tomorrow but meh?  I'll probably post my Zombie Apocalypse Official Preparedness List.  Or a picture.  Or a recipe.  Always just a barrell of fun over here at Chez Knepper.

--

One Year Ago:  The Rotund and the Nauseated
Two Years Ago: Not The Kind of Baby Weight I Wanted to Lose
Three Years Ago:  Our Daughter is a Total Kick Tease
Four Years Ago: Me?  I'm PUPO

7 comments:

jeanette said...

Love it!

areyoukiddingme said...

My MIL introduced my daughter to Nutella. Now she asks for it all the time...

Kristibella said...

I gotta tell ya Jen, I am so happy to see you write anything. Mainly because I know you're still hanging in there. I cannot imagine how hard this past year has been for you and your family. Lots of love coming out to you, from one tough biotch to another!

V said...

I can't believe that something like this exists!!! How did you find it???? Haha.... Keep it up. I don't mind reading anything you write!

Erin and JR said...

I love it! My university Emergency Response department ran a contest to see who could put together the best Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness List - there were prizes and everything. I think the idea was getting people to think about general emergency preparedness and zombies added some pizazz :) Who doesn't love zombies, the big oafs!

Rebecca said...

I'm actually amazed that anyone at the CDC has a sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

zombie apocalypse preparedness list? Nutella, nutella, graham crackers and more nutella :)

(my verification word is "fruck" there's a fun topic, verification words!)