Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lemon Cinnamon Chicken

I am too busy to write today. It is crisis critical that I reread Breaking Dawn before I go see the movie Friday night. Priorities, ya know?

I made a dinner tonight that was so good I was tempted to eat it all myself and feed Mark leftover pizza. I set my coolness level back at least 10 years by texting Mark, "this dinner I made is BOMB!"

So here is a delicious recipe courtesy of my friend Becky, in lieu of a post. I took a picture and everything.

Lemon Cinnamon Chicken

10 Pieces Chicken (Legs and Quarters work best)
1/2 C Olive Oil
1/2 C Fresh-Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2-3 tsp Oregano
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Put all ingredients except chicken into a large baking dish and mix well, making a marinade. Once mixed completely, begin adding the chicken one piece at a time, coating each piece completely in the marinade.

Bake, uncovered at 425 for approx 1 hr or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Several times during baking, baste the chicken with the marinade in the pan.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Sex on a plate.both kids asked for seconds, that NEVER happens. :)

Just the Tip said...

omg, I can smell it!!!!

(and it was a good smell, if you were wondering).

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Looks so tasty. Will have to try that.

The Sweetest said...

I am so over all of my chickens. Can't wait to try try this!

Aleesha Hercus said...

It was actually better than I thought it was going to be when I was smelling it! I think the lemons I used were a bit too tart, my mother-in-laws sweet lemons would have been much better. I'm definitely going to try it again! Plus the hubby didn't remind me to always have a backup when we try something new!

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting....

Kiki said...

mmm... might seriously have to add tis to my must try list!!!

Julia said...

Jen,

I know this post was about your savory chicken dish. I commented way too long ago and just feel compelled to tell you a couple of things.

Your sense of humor is absolutely amazing, and completely inspirational. You are a truly talented writer, and have such a resounding voice.

I can honestly say, as much as I have logged on to your blog and cried, I have also laughed-out loud, too loudly-at work.

How you manage to express yourself in such a meaningful,beautiful, inspirational way is entirely incomprehensible. (I am not a crazy lovin stalker by the way, just a reader that should have told you this a long time ago).

You really are remarkable.

Leah said...

Oh hey, good timing. I was just looking for something delicious to do for supper. :D