Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pinterest Projects: Thanksgiving Feast!

Somewhere, someone is posting on a blog or on Facebook or on Twitter about how they hate people who go on and on about their Pinterest projects and crafts and how those people should just STFU already GAH!

They are talking about me.  They are talking about me and I know it and yet here I am, about to post some more Pinterest projects on my blog and I am powerless to resist this urge. Moth to flame.  Here is some shit I made!  Ur gonna luv it!  A Pintervention is not out of the question, especially if it allows me to sleep somewhere without screaming babies. 

Here is some shit I made!
Do u luv it?

Today was the Thanksgiving Feast at Olivia's preschool.  I absolutely love her preschool teacher and I wanted to get her a small gift.  Another parent and I went in together and got her a book that she showed us at the book fair, and a Starbucks gift card because she loves her some mochas.



The card was really easy to make.  I got the free printable from a blog post on Skip to My Lou and all I had to do was download and print it out.  Then I got a coffee at Starbucks and saved the sleeve, cut it to size, and attached it to the card with double-sided tape.  Slid the gift card in, and tied some string around because it looked cute in the original post and also because I am not creative at all.  This whole thing probably took less than 10 minutes to make.

I made the cornucopia treats for party dessert, but there were way more delicious desserts to eat than mine so they ended up going home with the kids.  Olivia really loved hers though!



This idea came from Make Life Delicious, but I ended up doing it a little different because I am lazy.

I dipped the sugar cone in hot water (about half way up the cone) for about 30 seconds.
Microwaved for 30 seconds.
Bent the tip of the cone around a pencil and held for about 30 seconds.
Turned over and let dry for 10 minutes - this kept it from coming uncurled.
Filled with candy and wrapped in plastic wrap and a little string. 

This was easy but took some time...45 minutes, maybe?  It just took me a while to figure out how to wrap them so the candy didn't come out and fall right into my mouth.  Because I have no self control.

Did anyone do any cute Thanksgiving projects?  I love craft/project stalking!

--

One Year Ago:  Three Is Two With Intent
Two Years Ago: Haters Be Gone!
Three Years Ago:  My Body Is A Wonderland. Ish.
Four Years Ago:  Cheers!  From My Uterus!
Five Years Ago:  PUPO!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

LOVE! No Thanksgiving crafts, but I'm pinning away for Xmas. Even thinking about a 'Pin-a-day December' so I can be all braggy on my blog (you know, for all 32 of my followers).

Lisa said...

I have not made any Thanksgiving projects, but I've made three Xmas gift projects, one that came out great (soy candles), one that came out okay (birdsnest necklaces) and one that was a huge bust (wooden nativity sets). Luckily I got most of my money refunded from project three, so I could use the Michael's credit to buy the supplies for a fourth project (foam cones with ribbons pinned to them to look like Christmas trees).

Someone needs to stop me. I am out of control! But I love your projects so far. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels compelled to use all of my weekend hours on Pinterest.

Jennifer said...

I just finished my Thanksgiving project- a hand and foot turkey shirt and turkey ribbon bow for my daughter. My son is asking when I am going to trace his hand and foot to make his, but after doing this one, I am DONE. :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=368354573255928&set=a.184915418266512.44151.155946954496692&type=1&theater