Sunday, November 25, 2012

You better come correct next time.

The biggest mistake I make when I'm trying to blog is waiting until bedtime.  The days are so busy lately and the only time I have to write is at night.  When all I really want to do is watch TV or go to sleep.  Or maybe eat something delicious. 

I think I mentioned that Olivia requires a "puppet show" every night before bed.  Which is really hand shadow puppets in her night light.  I'm not very good at it but Mark is hilarious.  He makes us belly laugh every night with his random puppet voices.  The white noise machine in Olivia's room has an underwater scene that shines onto the ceiling and has a bunch of sea life with ridiculous smiles on their faces.  Mark's shadow puppet hates the squid.

Tonight he told the squid, "You better come correct next time."

It probably isn't funny to anyone but me, but I felt like I might read this post 10 years from now and still find it incredibly funny.  I wonder if Olivia will remember this stuff?  I hope she at least remembers laughing every night before bed.

At least I neglected my blog for fun times with my favorite threenager and her funny dad.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Ha! This made me laugh so hard. You have an awesomely funny partner. I am saving up this image for any time I need cheering up.

Unknown said...

I used to have bad nightmares as a kid so my dad would lay in bed and make shadow puppets with the night light. I still and will always remember and I bet she will too!!!

Shanny said...

Aww this is an awesome night ritual, you should video tape it some time to show the girls when they are older... yes, I know add that to the already long list of things to do.. don't listen to me. It's awesome she has funny parents ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG..I just lost my SHIZZLE at work, that was soo hilarious.

I am a pretty testy infert., but you blog cracks.me.up.

I co-threw a baby shower for a girl who was also having problems and she said she's worried that her husband is so nice/gentle that she'll come across as the bad mom. Than she said "I'm afraid I'm gonna have to tell this baby what time it is.." LOLFOREVER..I giggled the rest of the shower, to the point where, when people asked me what was so funny, I'd just start crying and giggling. OMG.

Your blog completes me..haha!