Thursday, November 1, 2012

Don't lose your baby, idiot.

Olivia has developed her own taste in music.  Much like mine, it is absolutely terrible.  I like all the poppy stuff that has normal adults rolling their eyes.  She sings all kinds of top-40 songs while she plays with her princesses.  And every car ride with Olivia starts by listening to Party Rock Anthem, complete with putting our hands up and yelling "shake that, every day I'm shuff-uff-uh-ling." 

I'd like to tell you that I hate that song and that I only do it because my teeny tiny dictator threenager rules my  entire existence.  But I love it and I don't care who knows it.  If it is wrong I don't want to be right.  Etc. 

It is really funny to hear her singing in the back seat of the car.  She totally does the whole, make up your own words or just sing one really long syllable when you don't know the words.  Sometimes she asks me to listen to a song by the title that she has made up for it - like, "MAH, you got dat song Love Me on your phone?"  And by that she means "As Long As You Love Me" by Justin Bieber.

She's got the fever, I guess.

If she hasn't made up a title, she sings a little ditty until I guess what the hell she is talking about.  Here is the latest ditty mystery (dittystery?):

"MAH!  Play dat song, don't lose your baby, idiot, idiot, idiot."

First I thought she was talking about me losing Adelle.  So I'm all, the baby is upstairs sleeping, jerkstore, now leave me alone so I can pluck my eyebrows.  But then she clarified that she wanted the song talking about the lost baby, which made me feel like I am, in fact, an idiot, idiot, idiot.

This whole lost baby idiot thing has been going on for days.  Today, I had the music on demand channel on TV and Olivia lost her shit.  Because finally, FINALLY!, she was hearing the song that she wanted me to play on my phone.  The one that goes, "don't lose your baby, idiot, idiot, idiot."

Bruno Mars, "It Will Rain."

I get the "don't lose your baby" part - "Cause they'll be no sunlight, If I lose you, baby."  But the idiot part cracks me up.  What the hell, little kid?

Three year olds are funny.  If you're bored, you should really consider getting yourself one.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. She and Caelan must get together soon. They could make up ALL kinds of songs and get into riffraff together.

I love her lyrical genius, by the way. :)

And I want to snuggle baby cheeks. I see Adelle has a snugglin' set!

Maddy said...

This had me and my husband laughing out loud on our couch tonight. Thanks for the laugh!

Erika said...

Too funny! I rock out in my mini-van to that music. My 3 year old son sings along to Sexy and I Know It and has the wiggle wiggle wiggle part down. I'm sure I'll regret this when the bill for therapy comes in, but for now it's entertaining :)

Mama G said...

Oh my gosh! That is far too awesome. My oldest asks for "the monkey song" which is bruno mars' Lazy song. But the music video has monkeys. Took FOREVER to figure out. :) They are so fun!

areyoukiddingme said...

Let me tell you, it's also really nice to hear your 4 year old singing along to Ke$ha "'Fore I leave/brush my teeth/with a bottle of Jack" - it's really special. Now that she's 6, she's got a clearer idea of the lyrics for most songs. Not sure if that's good or bad.

The best part? Whenever I try to correct her, she either ignores me or tells me I'm wrong...or (my all time favorite) tells me that's fine but she likes it better her way.

Just the Tip said...

hahahahahahahaha love her.

P made up a parody to the I want a hippo for christmas song that goes, "i want a barbie jeeeep for christmas, one with two seats one for me and one for Morgan.."

SHIT.
Now I have to buy one.

Mel said...

I'm loving this whole 'blog post everyday' thing. Because I really needed a good laugh as I sat here eating all the good candy out of my kids Halloween bucket. Hilarious!!

Amelia said...

I have one, she is In Love with Katy Perry. She could really do worse.

Hillary said...

OMG, I can.not tell you just how many times my 4 year old BOY makes me listen to "Call Me Maybe". I make him watch it on YouTube though and we listen to the US Swim team version so at least I can look at hot guys while he sings the song. I will probably be taking out a second mortgage soon to pay for his therapy. ::Sigh::

Annegirrl said...

Bruno Mars could rain all over me and I wouldn't complain.

Sorry, that had nothing to do with your post, but I couldn't help myself.

Allison said...

I am going to steal your term "threenager" because it's just TOO perfect for this age.

Valeta said...

This is why I had so many kids.

My oldest used to make up songs about Bob Dylan and zombies. Then he'd sing to a perfect circle.

Kathy Apple said...

My son is older now (14) but back when he was about 5ish I was addicted to "My humps" by the Black Eyed Peas until one day in the kitchen he started singing and said "whatcha gonna do with all that ass".... um, time for Mommy to find a more appropriate song. LOL I almost died laughing. Love the short people.

Amy said...

That's adorable lol!

Stacey said...

Thanks for the free ab workout. Omg hilarious!

Ophelia said...

Omigawd... I SO needed that laugh after the week I've had. I can't get over "threenager" and may have to steal that because I have one across the hall that is currently partying like a rockstar instead of sleeping like she's supposed to... Love your blog, I always get excited when I see a new post from you :)